Triple J's Memo

Radio News from British Columbia

Postby BossRadio » Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:47 am

:angry: Well said Jack. If one talks that talk,they should have shown that they have walked that walk too, and so far we have seen no indication of it . Mr Sykes, please don't fire off any further responses to that poster's doggerel, it just feeds the troll. We however enjoy your submissions. Keep em coming.

BR/Ken...there..I've outed myself..sort of...lol.
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum
BossRadio
Advanced Member

Location: the outskirts of the edge of the fringe of the centre of the universe

Postby Jack Bennest » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:34 am

watch it BR or I will tell them you are pamela martin
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby 3XHappy » Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:38 pm

So I challenge John and his flip flopping BS, granted I could have said time to shut up as opposed to shut the F up, but I didn't. He responds with the old, only unintellegent people use profanity and bla bla name calling topped of with only the Quens english is proper bla bla bla. I fire back and now I get the 3 muskateers riding to Johns recsue looking to out me. What a crazy place this is.

I know all about Johns career and it is impressive. But answer this. Why, after repeated suggestions on a few other boards can't John share some of his (I'm sure amazing) story's and encounters with some of Canada's greatest sports and news figures that he has had the privelage to be a part of. I would check in daily to read a new story. I'm sure a large portion of the new crop of broadcasters would as well.

Instead we get his out of date drivel and 50 year old guy in leather pants kind of BS that frankly make's him look like the idiot he's not. Kind of like Theo Flurey and his hockey career. Well, Theo is an Idiot. We all know what radio was yesterday, what we do not know are the great moments in the many stories in Johns head.

Maybe the three muskateers want to take a break and not correct my spelling or Queens english and let John answer.

What do you say John.? This is not an attack, just asking you drop the edgy guy act and share the wealth of great moments you have had.

Is that a large double double

3x
Life is as Happy as you make it
3XHappy
Advanced Member

Postby Victoriaradio » Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:55 pm

Great spelling??!!!!
Victoriaradio
Advanced Member

Postby johnsykes » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:50 pm

I'll accept your challenge......except someone once told me on another board that no one gives a darn about what happened yesterday...are you telling me that's not true?

A double double....not so....cream, no sugar please!
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Postby 3XHappy » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:02 pm

Thanks John, I will look forward to hearing some good stories about some great sports and popular figures you have had the opportunity to associate with.

I believe the past board might have been refering to your news room stories about people that very few others even know or care about.

I can remember a couple of times that you actually told a story about your time in Montreal and the sports scene there and they were great tales. With your connection to the sports world the past 30 plus years, I'm guessing you have a closet full of good stuff. If your story's motivate one young sports caster to become an elite broadcaster then it was worht it all, no?

Truth be known I don't do Timmys, local coffee houses or nothing

3x
Life is as Happy as you make it
3XHappy
Advanced Member

Previous

Return to British Columbia