Bro Jake's Last Day at CFMI/Rock 101

Radio News from British Columbia

Re: Bro Jake's Last Day at CFMI/Rock 101

Postby Blabbermouth » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:49 am

Does this mean Team 1040 will finally become "TSN Radio"?
Blabbermouth
Advanced Member

Postby czarcasm » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:12 am

Blabbermouth wrote:Does this mean Team 1040 will finally become "TSN Radio"?

With the on-air changes going on and hockey season just around the corner it would make good sense.
czarcasm
Advanced Member

Postby Blabbermouth » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:14 am

It would be nice to hear what they plan to do with Scotty Rintoul. Is he out? Being moved? Still on the morning show?
Blabbermouth
Advanced Member

Postby GrumpyOldMan » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:27 pm

Blabbermouth wrote:It would be nice to hear what they plan to do with Scotty Rintoul. Is he out? Being moved? Still on the morning show?

Scotty will hold down a 9p-12a shift. Jake's first day is Sept 9th. There's also a WILD rumour that the man sitting in the opposite chair, will in fact be Big Daddy Pratt!! I don't believe it myself...but that's out there.
GrumpyOldMan
Advanced Member

Postby Karen » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:50 pm

GrumpyOldMan wrote:
Blabbermouth wrote:It would be nice to hear what they plan to do with Scotty Rintoul. Is he out? Being moved? Still on the morning show?

Scotty will hold down a 9p-12a shift. Jake's first day is Sept 9th. There's also a WILD rumour that the man sitting in the opposite chair, will in fact be Big Daddy Pratt!! I don't believe it myself...but that's out there.

Friends in the old Bendorff building on West Second tell me there was a meeting with Pratt in the past week or two. The biggest stumbling block that Pratt apparently can't get over is some friction that
still exists between himself and GM James Stuart. If that can be worked out, I'm sure he'll be there with Jake on the 9th.

Pratt has gone beyond the call of duty at NW for the past year. He's been available to any show, anytime of day or night and day of the week and he's been screwed in the ass. They give him a show in the
worst possible timeslot. He replaced the non performing Adler show and was expected to come up with a ratings winner in less than a year (with no outisde promotion I might add). A year passes, he's
relegated to being a co host with the English Butler and his evening timeslot is given to some kid who's last job was being Bro Jake's laugh track. I wouldn't give the co-host gig with Till more than six
weeks before they come to blows.

For the sake of what could be great morning radio, I hope Pratt opens his eyes and looks at the big picture. 1040 is his home. He deseres better than the Black Tower.
Karen
Advanced Member

Postby Blabbermouth » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:50 pm

Could those two ego survive having to share a morning show?
Blabbermouth
Advanced Member

Postby tuned » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:51 pm

Hey Karen I like how you think. I totally agree with you. Pratt needs to get his leather wearing ass back to 1040 although I'd really enjoy him "coming to blows" with the English Butler.
tuned
Advanced Member

Postby Blabbermouth » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:31 pm

I think CKNW is good for Dave Pratt. He's the most interesting personality they have at the moment, sports or otherwise.
Blabbermouth
Advanced Member

Postby slowhand » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:11 pm

Karen wrote:The biggest stumbling block that Pratt apparently can't get over is some friction that still exists between himself and GM James Stuart. If that can be worked out, I'm sure he'll be there with Jake on the 9th.

Based on past history, I'm sure anything short of Wife Stealing can be patched up. :oops:
slowhand
Advanced Member

Postby former tv guy » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:49 am

So here's the lineup at Team 1040...

•• THE BRO JAKE SHOW – Airs weekdays at 6 a.m. and is hosted by Jake Edwards and Dave Pratt
•• SEKERES AND PRICE – Airs weekdays at 10 a.m. and is hosted by Matt Sekeres and Blake Price
•• B-MAC AND TAYLOR – Airs weekdays at 2 p.m. and is hosted by Barry Macdonald and Don Taylor
•• BOB "THE MOJ” MARJANOVICH – Airs weekdays at 6 p.m. and is hosted by Bob “the Moj” Marjanovich
•• THE SCOTT RINTOUL SHOW – Airs weekdays at 9 p.m. T and is hosted by Scott Rintoul
former tv guy
Advanced Member

Previous

Return to British Columbia