More brand directors than you can shake a stick at

Radio News from British Columbia

More brand directors than you can shake a stick at

Postby kal » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:59 pm

So just what does an assistant brand director do? I see that Terry Schintz has added this title to his news-director position at 'NW. Can't IK handle that role? What does a brand director do all day in any case? Schintz is one of the few solid news-types left at 'NW. I'd not want to see him lost into the management chain.
kal
Advanced Member

Re: More brand directors than you can shake a stick at

Postby pave » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:04 pm

The first responsibility of a "Brand Manager" is to: have one. (Establishing one is above his/her pay grade.)

I am reminded of the "positioning wars" of the '70's. "Positioning - The Battle For Your Mind" is a book by Al Ries and Jack Trout.

Everybody was trying to position themselves when, a.) they didn't know what it meant and, b.) they didn't know how to do it.

Other than that....

An "assistant brand manager" is the APD who schedules holidays, changes the rolls in the washrooms and is required to show up at all promo events and remotes as a demonstration of "team work".
pave
Advanced Member

Re: More brand directors than you can shake a stick at

Postby Talker » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:16 pm

Just as a PD needed an APD so a BD need an ABD. And round and round it goes. You may have noticed last month that the 'NW ND got an AND. I rest my case.
Talker
Advanced Member

Return to British Columbia