Long Time Broadcaster looses battle with Cancer.

Radio News from British Columbia

Long Time Broadcaster looses battle with Cancer.

Postby Fillinguy » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:04 pm

Very sad to pass along the news, that a good friend and long time Morning show host of 99.9 The Lounge. Patrick Nicholson Passed away this weekend. Patrick has been battling Multiple Myeloma for a little over a year (diagnosed around may of this year) He passed away in the company for a dear loved one and held up by the prayers of many many friends.

I have filled in for Patrick through this battle a great deal over the past year, as well as before the cause of his pain was diagnosed. He never showed the public any self pity and maintained a positive attitude throughout. He made a valiant effort to return to the job he adored in September and October, but by the time November rolled around he had to lay down the mic for the final time. He maintained an amazing attitude throughout and was smiling through his pain until the end. He will be sadly missed. Tributes have poured into the radio station and our Facebook page (Lounge Mornings).

A celebration of life is planed for the Parksville-Qualicum area in the new year... if we can find a place big enough. The measure of a man is the lives he has touched and made better, and this makes Patrick a giant. God grant him peace.
Fillinguy
Advanced Member

Re: Long Time Broadcaster looses battle with Cancer.

Postby Fillinguy » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:16 pm

apologies for stupid spelling error. It's been a hell of a day.
Fillinguy
Advanced Member

Re: Long Time Broadcaster looses battle with Cancer.

Postby Tom Jeffries » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:55 pm

NO need for apologies.

Your pain is palpable.

I am very sorry for your loss, and my condolences to your friends Family and "radio' clan.

'Courage' would be a word that comes to mind when you told us about Patrick.

RIP.
Tom Jeffries
Advanced Member

Return to British Columbia