McComb VS Bruce Allen. Allen wins.

Radio News from British Columbia

McComb VS Bruce Allen. Allen wins.

Postby Jim Walters » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:12 am

A rather dull Sunday morning wait at the Tsawwassen ferry terminal this morning was somewhat livened up while listening to the Jill Bennett show on CKNW.

About 6:15, she featured a replay of a segment of John McComb's show from earlier this week in which McComb took Bruce Allen to task over some remark he made about people with mental illness being bottom feeders and scumbags. I wish I had heard the whole original broadcast. In the segment Jill played, Bruce Allen won with his common sense, everyday people views. There was some comments of Allen's we couldn't hear thanks to McComb's ranting and stuttering while his guest was speaking.

The majority of on air calls to Jill after 8:30, along with results of Tweets from listeners declared Bruce Allen the winner.

Other than Bruce Allen's Reality Check, there isn't a lot left to listen to on CKNW. McComb's non stop segments on mental health and veterans are as much of a tune out as Rafe's fish crusade was.

To hear the John McComb / Bruce Allen exchange, check the CKNW audio vault for March 1, 6AM hour, advance to about 6:15.

Jill made no reference as to what day the original show was broadcast.
Jim Walters
Advanced Member

Re: McComb VS Bruce Allen. Allen wins.

Postby Blabbermouth » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:47 pm

Jim Walters wrote:Jill made no reference as to what day the original show was broadcast.

For the record, I think the broadcast date was Feb 26th, 1954.
Blabbermouth
Advanced Member

Re: McComb VS Bruce Allen. Allen wins.

Postby radiofan » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:11 pm

I'm surprised that Jon would get into an on air dust up with a co-worker.

Not exactly compelling Morning radio. Not something Frosty and MacRae would have engaged in when NW had a 20 share.

I always thought various show hosts were allowed and encouraged to have their own opinions. I guess like everything else, that too has changed.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Return to British Columbia