Fred Latremouille passes...

Radio News from British Columbia

Re: Fred Latremouille passes...

Postby kal » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:21 pm

Lovely segment on News 1130 with Jim Bennie speaking with Wayne Cox about Fred. Appreciate it when the station drops the formula and runs extended interviews. Especially poignant to hear from Wayne Cox that he went to Arizona specifically so that Fred's wife would not be alone when he passed and doubly so when he noted that Fred, who he referred to as Vancouver's best communicator, could no longer speak when he saw him Wednesday.
kal
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:27 pm

Must have missed the first page

Thanks everyone for posting. A shock - way to early.
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby Tape Splicer » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:47 pm

My wife really enjoyed Fred and Kathy on the radio over the years...
Here is a video clip from You Tube featuring an interview with Fred ... The program is The CBC's Then and Now from the late 1980's ... The interview with Fred starts at the 4:50 point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLpjD9Q9vHg

I looked for Latremotion but could not find it on YouTube....
Tape Splicer
Advanced Member

Postby PMC » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:09 pm

This was a surprise...110% personality all the time...my condolences to his wife and family.
PMC

Postby Tom Jeffries » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:21 pm

Thank you for all your info.

Learning he had lost the ability to speak, just now, has left me perplexed.

Did he have a stroke...?

This is all so shocking and sad.

My buds from our CFUN days and KISS Days, are all kind of numb, I think.
Tom Jeffries
Advanced Member

Postby FormerLady1130 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:56 am

Devastating. Just yesterday I was wondering how Fred was doing as I had not seen any of his usual posts on FB and felt something was up but never dreamed I would hear this today. So saddened. My heart goes out to Cathy and his family and close friends.
FormerLady1130
Advanced Member

Postby Anotherwpgguy » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:31 am

I am so saddened to hear of this. Some of my most fun times at CKVN / CFUN involved spending time with Fred.

We went fishing several times and those lengthy periods between bites led to some great in-depth conversations about radio, life, fishing, flying airplanes, and every topic under the sun.

Fred took Peter Benson and I out fishing when he had his Boston Whaler based around Horseshoe Bay and I caught my first Salmon that day. Fred fired up the on-board BBQ that hung over the stern, and we cooked and ate that fish within minutes of it coming out of the water. I've tasted Salmon many times, but it never was more flavourful that that first bite with an explosion of tastes. What a joyful experience and it is one I will never forget. I'll be grateful to Fred for showing me how to catch Salmon ..... I've caught many more since, but I'll always remember my first one with Fred and Peter.

Rest easy Fred, you've touched many thousands of people with your excellent communications skills, and the ability to always bring the personality of Fred Latremouille through the radio speakers even during the tightest of formats.

You'll be missed greatly.
AWG
Anotherwpgguy
Advanced Member

Postby PMC » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:29 am

Link to the CBC Vancouver piece on Fred.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.2984244

There are sub links to Lets Go
PMC

Postby deep » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:41 pm

Tom Jeffries wrote:Thank you for all your info.

Learning he had lost the ability to speak, just now, has left me perplexed.

Did he have a stroke...?

This is all so shocking and sad.

My buds from our CFUN days and KISS Days, are all kind of numb, I think.

Wayne Cox said Fred had been ill for a while with liver disease, but it came on really fast in the last little while...
deep

Postby Tom Jeffries » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:01 pm

Freddie and I would talk every week, sometimes a couple of times - and he never told me he was ill. He'd obliquely mention Doctors and stuff.
He hid it from me, I think, in part to not cause me anguish (*he was a very sensitive and kind man) but also the fact that there were other personal issues involved, and he was having a tough time.
In the end - we had a spat over something trivial and he hung up on me. I never got to talk with him again. That was 3 weeks ago. I'll have to live with the non resolution, of that BS, for the rest of my days.
I think his friends all knew something was up - but I still can't come to grips with the fact that one of my best friends, and my radio hero, has died. I am just crushed.
There are many sad people around. We've lost a great talent.
I think April 14th RPM should be dedicated to Fred.
Tom Jeffries
Advanced Member

Previous

Return to British Columbia