Interview with CKNW's Ian Koenigsfest

Radio News from British Columbia

Interview with CKNW's Ian Koenigsfest

Postby Blabbermouth » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:39 pm

Blabbermouth
Advanced Member

Re: Interview with CKNW's Ian Koenigsfest

Postby Tom Jeffries » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:56 pm

I think the CKNW 2.0 is a weird move. They blow off the core audience of boomers with money and go after a demo that doesn't listen to AM radio!

This is like looking for a whale, using the wrong end of the binoculars.

F A I L.

Take a look at the drop in key demos and if it continues, CKNW is going to crash and burn.

Who cares about AM?

It's 2015, not 1965. People have so much choice.

Wonder what Plasteras thinks?

They should HIRE JJ Johnston back - as a consultant - give him two years and maybe he can save this mess.
Tom Jeffries
Advanced Member

Postby Blabbermouth » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:44 pm

As I read someone say on another chat group, "CKNW 2.0" is referring to the station's predicted market share in the years to come.
Blabbermouth
Advanced Member

Postby slowhand » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:48 pm

Tom Jeffries wrote:I think the CKNW 2.0 is a weird move. They blow off the core audience of boomers with money and go after a demo that doesn't listen to AM radio!

This is like looking for a whale, using the wrong end of the binoculars.

F A I L.

Take a look at the drop in key demos and if it continues, CKNW is going to crash and burn.

Who cares about AM?

It's 2015, not 1965. People have so much choice.

Wonder what Plasteras thinks?

They should HIRE JJ Johnston back - as a consultant - give him two years and maybe he can save this mess.

They could at least have waited until they get their FM frequency approved (guffaw, not likely to happen) and try to be these really cool dudes running an FM station. It wouldn't be the first time that a station abandoned on-air mention of their AM frequency for their FM.

Blabbermouth wrote:As I read someone say on another chat group, "CKNW 2.0" is referring to the station's predicted market share in the years to come.

Reminds me more of the old gags about the 2.7 member family. 2.0 might be the average number of listeners the station ends up with.
slowhand
Advanced Member

Postby pave » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:21 am

Has the station's headquarters ever been known for having a significant lack of oxygen?
If so, that would get everybody off the hook.
pave
Advanced Member

Postby Blabbermouth » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:09 am

pave wrote:Has the station's headquarters ever been known for having a significant lack of oxygen?
If so, that would get everybody off the hook.

There definitely must be some kind of kool-aid being passed around.
Blabbermouth
Advanced Member

Postby tuned » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:33 am

It's gotten to the point where there is no point in even discussing NW. What audience they have left is either p*ssed off or dying off. Corus will make plenty of money out of the FM sticks and just warehouse the 980 frequency like they have with 730. NW in 2015 reminds me of when 1410 tried talk with a bunch of lightweights and it crashed and burned.
tuned
Advanced Member

Postby Jim Walters » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:34 am

I wonder if IK's arrogance would have been knocked down a notch or two if that interview had been done following the recent book?

Do the people who have to work for that a-hole believe his bullshit or are they just collecting a paycheck and hoping for a lucky break to get off the titanic before it totally sinks?
Jim Walters
Advanced Member

Postby Blabbermouth » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:20 am

Jim Walters wrote:
Do the people who have to work for that a-hole believe his bullshit or are they just collecting a pay check
?

I'm gonna go with "pay check."
Blabbermouth
Advanced Member

Return to British Columbia