Bill Good joins News 1130

Radio News from British Columbia

Bill Good joins News 1130

Postby radiofan » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:11 am

VANCOUVER (NEWS 1130) – Local legendary broadcaster Bill Good is coming out of retirement and will be on the air and online on NEWS 1130 this fall.

A Minute with Bill Good is a no-holds-barred editorial commentary, focusing on current hot button issues, the inner workings of BC politics, and the influential movers and shakers who make the decisions that affect you — the public.

We asked Bill what we should expect, for example, if he was doing an editorial during the Transit plebiscite, what would he have talked about?

“Well, I thought TransLink took more of a beating than it deserved. If you judge it with other transit organizations around the world, it’s much better than its image and I’m a little taken aback by people saying they shouldn’t be paying high salaries to executives. To me, a CEO is the most important person in an organization and to get a good one you have to pay and I expect they will have to pay in order to get somebody who is good enough to be able to turn what needs to be turned around, turned around.”

Good’s first appearance on NEWS 1130 will be Tuesday, September 8th.

The feature will air daily and is available to stream anytime on NEWS1130.com.

http://www.news1130.com/2015/08/14/bill ... news-1130/
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Re: Bill Good joins News 1130

Postby kal » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:24 am

In other thread too...

it's unfortunate that the release quotes Bill's reaction to Translink. He was hired by Translink to run less-than-objective town-hall phone-based shows. Callers were vetted and the entire process was not reflective of solid journalism.
kal
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:25 am

Sorry for the dual posting kal.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby Coolcat » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:15 pm

I always remembering laughing at Good when he would talk about how great Translink was and how everyone should take transit followed up by how he was driving in from Sechelt, driving out to Surrey driving through the DTES or driving in for the show. Never did I hear him say he was riding the Skytrain or a bus. The only thing funnier was hearing his ad for a BMW dealership a few minutes later.
Coolcat
Advanced Member

Return to British Columbia