Russ Byth recovering at home

Radio News from British Columbia

Russ Byth recovering at home

Postby flyonthewall » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:19 am

Russ was good enough to bring us up to date on what was happening with Jeff Palmer, so after checking with him, we thought we'd let you know what he has been through this year... and he wants everyone to know it's not a competition.
Russ has spent more than 7 months this year in Kelowna General Hospital being treated for what started out in February as acute pancreatitis and ended just a couple of weeks ago with a bypass around his duodenum and having his gallblader removed. He says the doctors told him in March that it was a good thing he was overweight, but healhy, as there was a good chance that he could have died without the extra pounds. Go figure.
During his stay Russ lost about 130 pounds and says his goal now that he is home is to keep it off. He says he is once again enjoying food and hopes to stay out of the hospital for a long time after 4 aborted trips home throughout the year.
He also wanted to thank all his radio and TV friends who knew what was going on, for their support and is looking forward to getting back to filling in at Power104. First shift, morning show Oct 5.
flyonthewall
Advanced Member

Re: Russ Byth recovering at home

Postby jon » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:56 am

Wow, that is simply fabulous News!

Many of us always thought that Gall Bladder removal sounds so simple to diagnose, like the Appendix, but it isn't. Took my Father-in-Law 6 months with the doctor (GP) thinking it was probably Acid Reflux, then into Emergency and back and forth to the hospital for over a month before the decision was finally made that taking it out was the best thing to do.

My wishes for Russ are that his recovery goes as well as my father-in-law's, who is in perfect health.
jon
Advanced Member

Postby skyvalleyradio » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:08 pm

Oh my! We've had no idea that Russ was battling his health this past while. Great news hearing that you're getting your health back, Russ and that you will soon be back on air. Best of luck maintaining a healthy weight...not easy to do as we age! :rockon:
skyvalleyradio
Advanced Member

Postby Tom Jeffries » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:11 pm

Joolz and I wish Russ all the best, after this long battle. Hang in there bud!
Tom Jeffries
Advanced Member

Return to British Columbia