PULSE FM Morning Show

Radio News from British Columbia

PULSE FM Morning Show

Postby Russ_Byth » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:34 pm

Great to see a couple of my buddies are jumping back into the radio pool. Terry Reid and Jack Marion have been announced as the hosts of the Pulse FM Surrey morning show.
No word yet on a start up date, but it is great news.
Congrats guys!

http://pulsefm.ca/articles/announcing-y ... sefm-hosts
Russ_Byth
Advanced Member

Re: PULSE FM Morning Show

Postby radiofan » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:46 pm

Great to see a couple of Vancouver market vets pulling their headphones out of retirement and returning to the airwaves!

In the next day or two we'll find out the rest of the lineup on 107.7 The Pulse.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby Muzik » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:52 pm

Two pros on the loose, but not no more.Good to be able to hear their pipes on the air waves again.Congrats to both and still waiting for more in the line up.
Muzik
Advanced Member

Postby PicturesForYourEars » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:55 pm

Great news for 2 great guys. Loved working with Terry Morgan oops Reid ....and...CKGA Gander wasn't THAT long ago Jack, was it!
Gary
...LEFT PLACES I SHOULDA STAYED,
STAYED PLACES I SHOULDA LEFT...
PicturesForYourEars
Advanced Member

Postby Rob Collins » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:29 pm

All the best to Terry and Jack along with best wishes to the rest of the crew at Pulse-FM
Big names draw big audiences.
Including with Radio Engineer Dave Youell who will keep their voices booming over the carrier and on frequency.
When it comes to horsepower, too much is just enough.
Objects in mirror were not fast enough....
Rob Collins
Advanced Member

Postby Howaboutthat » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:09 pm

Today's announcement is that Leah Holiove is leaving News1130 to do traffic at Pulse.
Houston, We're dealing with morons!.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:19 pm

Howaboutthat wrote:Today's announcement is that Leah Holiove is leaving News1130 to do traffic at Pulse.

Introducing Leah Holiove!

We'll be announcing more on-air hosts this week!

Feb 10, 2016, Surrey, BC

Thank you all for all the positive feedback we received with yesterday's reveal of Terry Reid and Jack Marion as our early morning hosts. Today the exciting news continues!

After spending 6.5 years flying the skies of Metro Vancouver reporting traffic and breaking news, no one can help you navigate around South Fraser's gridlock like she can! We're excited to have Leah Holiove, a proud resident of Surrey, as both our traffic reporter and midday host!
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:08 pm

Russ_Byth wrote:Congrats guys!

Ditto :cheers: and nice to see a post by Bites

These two radio stars - I wish the best and hope the gig lasts a long time. :wave:
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:43 pm

The mix gets a little more interesting each day ... Today, Pulse FM announced that Kash Heed will be hosting a talk show from 8 - 11AM.

I guess the Afternoon Drive host will be the next announcement.

http://pulsefm.ca/hosts
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby pave » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:20 pm

I was wondering if "Doc" (Terry Morgan/Reid/Colajasiak) was really hangin' 'em up for good.
Besides, he has no business wandering the streets wearing a sandwich board that reads: "Eat At Joe's - I'm Joe".
Very unbecoming.
pave
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:17 pm

It would be great to hear Doc Harris on the Vancouver airwaves again!
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby jon » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:11 am

From this morning's Broadcast Dialogue:
Kath Thompson has moved to Surrey to start her new position as PD at the yet to be launched 107.7 Pulse FM.
Thompson was previously PD with 95.3 The Peak Calgary. Meanwhile, Jeremy Paige has been named sales
manager at Pulse FM. Before joining the South Fraser Broadcasting station, Paige was senior account manager
with the now defunct L.A. Radio Group, PD at Bell Media Terrace and GM/GSM at Q 91 Drumheller. Don Lehn
is Pulse FM's afternoon news anchor. He has worked in markets across the country and at a number of locations
in Vancouver, including News1130, Jack FM, VoicePrint, Z95 and CISL. Lehn continues his role as managing
editor/ND of news website FVN Fraser Valley News Sports and Entertainment...
jon
Advanced Member

Postby GrumpyOldMan » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:08 am

Terry & Jack are easy to listen to. The music, and some of the other staff choices, not so much. Watching startups evolve is always fascinating. When it's a mom & pop shop, you always run the risk of too much "involvement" by an owner. I hope it works out for them. It's a tough market. You really have to be excellent in all areas to gain traction. I fear we'll be seeing a lot of musical chairs when the bleeding increases.
GrumpyOldMan
Advanced Member

Return to British Columbia