Kevin and Sonia - syndicated on Q 103.1

Radio News from British Columbia

Kevin and Sonia - syndicated on Q 103.1

Postby CVIK » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:14 pm

You can't think that Bell is terribly excited about their former "golden children" are returning to the airwaves in Kelowna.

I believe they still have a ton of fans in Kelowna.

K and S vs. Seacrest...the midday syndication battle!
CVIK

Re: Kevin and Sonia - syndicated on Q 103.1

Postby pave » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:05 pm

The crime here is that none of the corporate outfits can produce "live & local" programming that residents would find appealing.

The question remains: What is it about the leadership in any "communications" industry that stops them from developing more appealing and, I might add, effective communications?

This is the question that breaks ankles - and egos. So, it goes unaddressed and unanswered.
pave
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:43 am

Popular Radio Duo Set to Return to Kelowna’s Airwaves
Vincent Jones posted March 3, 2016 by Kelowna Now

Kevin Lim and Sonia Sidhu are returning to Kelowna’s airwaves. Starting on Monday, March 7th you will be able to listen to Kevin and Sonia on Q103 (103.1 FM) from 10am to 2pm. The syndicated show will air weekdays. The duo are not moving back to Kelowna and will remain as hosts of PEAK Mornings at Vancouver’s 102.7 The PEAK.

However, Sidhu says the pair are looking forward to being back on the radio in Kelowna, “We're so excited to be back on the air in Kelowna. Over the years we've developed such a close relationship with our listeners and it'll be nice to continue that on Q103.1.”

Kelowna listeners who have missed the pair will be pleased to hear that their style hasn’t changed, with Lim explaining, “We like to have fun and don't take ourselves too seriously, so we're hoping we can pick up right where we left off. You'll get more of that brother/sister rivalry and our light-hearted perspectives on the world around us.”

Kevin and Sonia left Kelowna on April 25th, 2014. At the time, their morning show on 99.9 Sun FM topped the ratings. The pair were named “Performers of the Year” by the BC Association of Broadcasters in 2014, while they have also previously seen success in Best of Kelowna in 2013 and 2014.

So what does Sonia miss most about Kelowna? “It's easy to say things like the weather, the beaches, and the amazing scenery, but when it comes down to it, we definitely miss the people! Whether we've run into you at the grocery store, a charity run or a winery, each interaction made us feel so connected to the community. We're looking forward to getting to know all the new faces in Kelowna too!”

It’s fair to say Kelowna has missed Kevin and Sonia too. Listen to Q103 weekdays from 10am to 2pm to catch up with the pair.

https://www.kelownanow.com/columns/Hear ... _Airwaves/
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby Doug » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:03 pm

Hrm, interesting...so this will air after their regular Vancouver morning show, right? How many stations will it be syndicated on and, if more than one, won't that feel very "unlocal," if you'll forgive my made-up word, as they won't be able to even mention the local station name and callsign given they'll be broadcasting on more than one station? Will it be live or prerecorded such that they can record various localized versions?

That said...I do like Q103.1 but tuned out during the midday period because the previous host, Nancy Mack, tended to try and speed through all her lines way too fast to get whatever corporate stories they wanted her to get in. No fault of hers, really...I'd place more blame on the Pattison management, if you know what I mean.

Cheers,
Doug
Doug
Advanced Member

Postby Howaboutthat » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:34 pm

You live there, why don't you tune in and give us a review?
Houston, We're dealing with morons!.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby the-real-deal » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:43 pm

Oh, the indomitable, all knowing Doug Mehus. What would commercial radio do without him ?

Still working at the Hong Kong Bank, Dougie ? :yahoo:

What about your Mommie, is she still a big shot, real estate power maven... LOL
the-real-deal
Advanced Member

Postby Doug » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:18 pm

the-real-deal wrote:Oh, the indomitable, all knowing Doug Mehus. What would commercial radio do without him ?

Still working at the Hong Kong Bank, Dougie ? :yahoo:

What about your Mommie, is she still a big shot, real estate power maven... LOL

No, I'm not with HSBC anymore. My mom's not in real estate/property management at all. My aunt is, yes, though I'm not particularly fond of her nor her management abilities. :)

Cheers,
Doug
Doug
Advanced Member

Return to British Columbia