Tammy Moyer passes away

Radio News from British Columbia

Tammy Moyer passes away

Postby Russ_Byth » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:44 pm

Just received this news from the GoFundMe Campaign set up to help Tammy's young son. Having worked with Tammy and knowing what a bright and energetic light she was, I hope as many people as are able to can help out and keep Tammy in their thoughts. Russ

I am completely heartbroken to announce the passing of our girl Tammy. She passed today in the company of her family and friends, she is free from pain now and the horrible disease that took her life. Thank you to everyone who has helped emotionally, physically, financially and spiritually. Tammy and family cant express what it means. Be free sweet angel. Be free. ❤

https://www.gofundme.com/tammymoyer?utm ... aign=upd_n
Russ_Byth
Advanced Member

Re: Tammy Moyer passes away

Postby kal » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:06 pm

What a sad story. What a talent. What a loss.
kal
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:48 am

VANCOUVER (NEWS 1130) – It is with the heaviest of hearts that we let you know that our colleague, friend, and family member Tammy Moyer has passed away.

Tammy’s broadcast career spanned two decades and the entire country. She joined NEWS 1130 in 2002 after stints in radio in both Vancouver and Victoria. Wanderlust took her away to Montreal in 2007, but she was back at home at NEWS 1130 in 2010 as an on-air host during PM Drive. Her warm demeanor and her ability to connect with the listener soon had her hosting the Morning Show.

At work, Tammy was a leader and a mentor, championing human interest stories that impacted the heart, and working with younger journalists who wanted to emulate her style. In the community she was a tireless supporter of charitable endeavors and women’s issues, and rarely said “no” to anything, even if it meant heading out after waking up at 2:30am, working the morning shift at the station, then hosting an event well into the evening.

Tammy has worked with the Courage To Come Back Awards, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, the BC Lung Association, Variety, Women of Worth, Women of Influence and many others.

At home, Tammy was a daughter, a sister, an aunt, and most importantly a mother – her son Emelyan was the light of her life, and it was him she was thinking about the most in the last few days and weeks as she battled her illness.

The sun may set every evening, but we know it glows into the night, and it’s why we can see the moon. The dazzling light of a spirit like Tammy’s may have dimmed, but as long as that light continues to glow in the hearts of the many, many lives she touched, it will never go out.

We miss you, Tammy, and we love you. Rest well.

If you would like to leave a message about Tammy or to her family, please do so in the comment section. We will share them with her loved ones.

http://www.news1130.com/2016/03/19/goodbye-tammy/
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby Tom Jeffries » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:15 pm

This has upset a lot of people.

A wise friend of mine said it all "Why do we lose the greta ones, so young"?

I had no answer.

My condolences to Ms. Moyer's Son, Mom, sister and Family. I also send best wishes to her many friends. She was beloved.

There is a GOFUNDME.ORG - page, for Tammy Moyer, to help raise money for her only child. Every bit will help. THANK YOU!
Tom Jeffries
Advanced Member

Postby Tom Jeffries » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:16 pm

Addenda: GREAT, not greta. Apologies.
Tom Jeffries
Advanced Member

Postby kal » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:05 pm

Three big News1130 voices silenced in recent years. Bruce Williams (2012), Brian Brenn (2015) and now Tammy Moyer.
kal
Advanced Member

Postby cart_machine » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:38 pm

Tom Jeffries wrote:This has upset a lot of people.

Tom, I've never seen such an outpouring of anguish at a radio station.

Tammy was loved and respected by everyone she worked with. She took it upon herself to help new staff members and make them feel comfortable. She volunteered to help with various causes in the community; she did remotes for A Loving Spoonful one morning last month not too long before she left the air.

She was raising a young son on her own. She loved her family; her parents dropped by the station on a number of occasions.

She was outgoing and could make people laugh.

We're all really going to miss her.

cArtie.
cart_machine
Advanced Member

Postby the-real-deal » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:02 pm

Our condolences to the Moyer family. A life of an accomplished radio journalist snuffed out MUCH too early !
the-real-deal
Advanced Member

Return to British Columbia