Former CKWX newsman David Cassady dies at 86

Radio News from British Columbia

Former CKWX newsman David Cassady dies at 86

Postby CubbyCam » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:51 am

Sad to inform that one of the greatest on air voices at CKWX from the seventies, David Cassady has passed on. David had come to Canada from San Francisco and immediately took the WX news department sound and class to a new level. He was one of the genuinely nicest human beings you could ever meet. Condolences to his family and friends. And thanks to another former WX newsman John "Newfie" Stirling for keeping in touch with David through the years and being there at the hospital this past week.
CubbyCam
Advanced Member

Re: Former CKWX newsman David Cassady dies at 86

Postby J Kendrick » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:10 am

Oh, no... This is the last news I ever wanted to hear. :-(
A mentor, a friend, the nicest of people, a class act in the newsroom, and the fastest two-finger typist I have ever seen in action.

Godspeed and rest peacefully, Dave....

Is there any word yet on services or a memorial?
J Kendrick
Advanced Member

Postby CubbyCam » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:22 pm

Just heard from John Stirling that there will not be a formal funeral at David's request. The family will hold a memorial service this fall, at which time those who wish to attend will have ample notification. I'll post here when I hear of a date and time.
CubbyCam
Advanced Member

Postby George Orr » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:13 pm

David was a lovely man at a time when kindness and competitiveness did not necessarily coincide. I worked against him for a time but always found him to be delightful.
George Orr

Return to British Columbia