Sounding like 999, 999 bucks

Radio News from British Columbia

Sounding like 999, 999 bucks

Postby PicturesForYourEars » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:13 pm

Who's the NEW guy on right now on 'CKNW At Night'!
Sounds great
...LEFT PLACES I SHOULDA STAYED,
STAYED PLACES I SHOULDA LEFT...
PicturesForYourEars
Advanced Member

Re: Sounding like 999, 999 bucks

Postby Howaboutthat » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:10 pm

I missed the name as I was still shaking my head at the 2 kids doing news and traffic.
This guy is probably syndicated judging that there were no local references off the top.
Houston, We're dealing with morons!.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:53 pm

The new voice on NW is Dan Riendeau and his At Night show which appears to originate at QR-77 in Calgary and also runs on 630 CHED in Edmonton.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby Jim Walters » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:12 pm

Vancouver's News. Vancouver's Talk. Now featuring 11 hours of syndicated out of market programming daily.

So this is what major market radio has come to.
Jim Walters
Advanced Member

Postby ModeOne » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:47 pm

I missed the name as I was still shaking my head at the 2 kids doing news and traffic.

Lol..I was thinking the same thing...
ModeOne

Postby pave » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:28 am

These guys couldn't answer the musical question: "Near You".
Nor could they respond with any accuracy to inquiries of: "Are you punched or bored? Take all the time you need."
What they can do, however, is say, "See? It's cheaper this way!"
And for now, that will serve as an acceptable response.
Just ask anybody. :)
pave
Advanced Member

Postby flyonthewall » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:28 pm

PicturesForYourEars wrote:Who's the NEW guy on right now on 'CKNW At Night'!
Sounds great

It looks like this show from Calgary may not be a permanent thing.

This afternoon Jody Vance posted on Facebook:

Excited to be a part of the Corus family! Join us Tuesday, 6-10pm, for my first co-host shift on the Shane Foxman Show on CKNW.

If this is the new NW evening show, congrats to both Jody (returning to her roots) and Shane.
flyonthewall
Advanced Member

Postby Jim Walters » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:22 pm

I tuned into Jody and Ian Power for awhile tonight.

They sounded fine, better than what we've been served up for the past couple of years.

If you want a talk show with listener input and conversation, what's with this idiotic Buzz Line bullshit? I don't want to hear comments from listeners that are pre recorded, likely edited and selected
for play on the air. I want to hear live calls from listeners interacting with the show hosts. Whose ever idea it was to go this route along with FB messages and tweets should have a brain transplant.

Could you imagine Pat Burns, Rafe Mair or Jack Webster tolerating this kind of crap?

If you're going to promote yourselves as a news talk radio station, open up the god damned phone lines and let the listeners speak.

:violent1:
Jim Walters
Advanced Member

Postby jon » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:12 am

From this morning's Broadcast Dialogue:
Jody Vance has joined News Talk 980 CKNW Vancouver co-hosting the evening show with Ian Power. Vance will also fill-in and do some weekend hosting. Vance started in 1988 at AM 600 CHRX (now The Peak FM) Vancouver and later moved to CFMI-FM (now Rock 101) and BCTV. In 1999, she was part of the original launch team at CTV Sportsnet (now Rogers Sportsnet). Most recently, she worked as host/news anchor for City’s Breakfast Television in Vancouver until March 2016. Her first show was Sept. 6.
jon
Advanced Member

Postby PicturesForYourEars » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:05 am

Must say, I heard Ian and Jody on Tuesday.
Light, trite and bright.
Seamless!

The ah/a/...ahahah....aaaaah/a-a-a-h/a-a-a-h/ guy was on last night.
Also...what's this gutteral, choking sound that Shane Foxman makes - besides saying "ah" every ten seconds?
Childish cliches repeated and repeated and repeated : "in the 'medium' chair"; "going all the way to 10"; use of the word 'again' - AGAIN; "yes, no"...
dozens more crutches.
Hope they find something ELSE for him to do!

Then CKNW still has the old evening 'host' : Interrupter/STUTTERER Drex. Arrogant and PAINFUL.

All of them together still however, in my opinion, don't match the single talent of that guy from Calgary Dan whats-his-name... who was the initial reason this thread got started!

I sometimes wonder if CKNW shouldn't just turn on the transmitter broadcasting the BCIT radio station?

...LEFT PLACES I SHOULDA STAYED,
STAYED PLACES I SHOULDA LEFT...
PicturesForYourEars
Advanced Member

Postby ModeOne » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:34 pm

Jim Walters wrote:I tuned into Jody and Ian Power for awhile tonight.

They sounded fine, better than what we've been served up for the past couple of years.

If you want a talk show with listener input and conversation, what's with this idiotic Buzz Line bullshit? I don't want to hear comments from listeners that are pre recorded, likely edited and selected
for play on the air. I want to hear live calls from listeners interacting with the show hosts. Whose ever idea it was to go this route along with FB messages and tweets should have a brain transplant.

Could you imagine Pat Burns, Rafe Mair or Jack Webster tolerating this kind of crap?

If you're going to promote yourselves as a news talk radio station, open up the god damned phone lines and let the listeners speak.

:violent1:

Oh my... We wouldn't want to make anyone uncomfortable by actually having "argument, discussion and debate" now, would we? God forbid! That would mean less time for Simi's Book Club crap and Claire Newell's tiresome daily infomercials ....:pain10: ...
ModeOne

Postby ModeOne » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:43 pm

I sometimes wonder if CKNW shouldn't just turn on the transmitter broadcasting the BCIT radio station?

Pretty much... At times, no real difference. Just when you think it couldn't get any worse, it does....
ModeOne

Return to British Columbia