Where's CBC's Rick Cluff?

Radio News from British Columbia

Where's CBC's Rick Cluff?

Postby Jim Walters » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:10 am

As a regular CBC Vancouver listener, I'm wondering what's going on with Rick Cluff's extended periods of absence the last few months. For most of the summer he's been absent, I think he's been on
the air for maybe a week or two in the past few months. Is he preparing for retirement or are there some medical issues? He's been a fixture on CBC for eons now and the show gets great ratings.

Stephen Quinn has been doing most of the fill in and Gloria Macarenko has been filling in for Stephen in the afternoons. Both are good fits in the respective time slots.

If this will one day be the new lineup on CBU, they have done a great job in preparing for the future.
Jim Walters
Advanced Member

Re: Where's CBC's Rick Cluff?

Postby kal » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:08 pm

I've been wondering the same thing, especially with him still being away this morning.

There doesn't seem to be much in the way of speculation or discussion on this on social media. There's an old Reddit thread from 2013 on the same topic so it could be a bit of deja vu. A Twitter search brings up just two tweets, both unrelated to the matter at hand.

The show's Twitter feed makes no mention of the host, although it does carry his photograph. (https://twitter.com/cbcearlyedition)

Interesting ...
kal
Advanced Member

Re: Where's CBC's Rick Cluff?

Postby kal » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:47 am

Seems he reads RadioWest. He's back this morning.
kal
Advanced Member

Return to British Columbia