KISS-FM Vancouver Seeks New Program Director

Radio News from British Columbia

KISS-FM Vancouver Seeks New Program Director

Postby PicturesForYourEars » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:16 pm

RESPONSIBILITIES
Develop and execute the day to day and long term programming plan for the radio station
Will lead the local content team to create and curate content on multiple platforms including FM, digital and mobile.
Coaching, development and recruitment of on-air talent, production, programming and promotions staff
Co-ordinate with Music, Production, News and Promotions leads to accomplish the sound of the station in accordance with the station format
Partner with Promotions, Sales and Creative teams with respect to promotions, contests, marketing and advertising
Work in conjunction with National Format Director, Programming and Sales in support of local, national and corporate business goals to increase market share and revenue.
Manage programming budget
Ensure station complies with CRTC regulations
Maintain competitive market knowledge and awareness
Keep current on web/social media and other alternative revenue opportunities

QUALIFICATIONS
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in programming management in CHR/Top 40 format
Proven track record in developing and growing content brands
Demonstrable experience in developing talent and content creation team
Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills to effectively deal with multiple stakeholders
Ability to analyse ratings and research data, make business decisions based on analysis; sound judgement and quality decision-making skills

Education: College diploma or equivalent

Salary Range: $80,000 - $110,000

...LEFT PLACES I SHOULDA STAYED,
STAYED PLACES I SHOULDA LEFT...
PicturesForYourEars
Advanced Member

Re: KISS-FM Vancouver Seeks New Program Director

Postby tuned » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:55 pm

I'm surprised that's all they're paying.
tuned
Advanced Member

Postby slowhand » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:29 pm

Can't speak for Rogers, but for most other big owners, the job is mainly clerical. Most of your day is spent filling in spreadsheets for the National Brand Manager and other dudes in the Corporate office.

Being Vancouver, the salary is probably 25 big ones with the rest housing allowance.
slowhand
Advanced Member

Postby Aaron » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:26 pm

slowhand wrote:Can't speak for Rogers, but for most other big owners, the job is mainly clerical. Most of your day is spent filling in spreadsheets for the National Brand Manager and other dudes in the Corporate office.

While generally true, in Vancouver Ronnie at Corus, Al at JACK and Curtis at Bell all have some form of 'format head' responsibilities....and the Pattison stations ARE the corporate office, essentially.
Aaron
Advanced Member

Postby pave » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:18 pm

Under "Qualifications" they failed to mention the following:
- Must be willing to drink the Kool-Aid along with the wine, and munch the crackers while droning the Rogers liturgical dogma. (Sung to The Door's tune, "This Is The End".)
- Must supply own pom-poms.
- Must understand and comply with the order, "Assume the position". This order may be issued by management, sales, corporate programming or the janitorial staff.
- Must supply own pup tent and solar hot plate.
- Appreciate this may be the last stop on their career path.
- Have no aspirations to be engaged in "meaningful work".
pave
Advanced Member

Postby jon » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:48 pm

pave wrote:or the janitorial staff.

I suspect your "janitorial staff" reference may be dated. I am not aware of any business, inside or outside Radio, that hasn't "outsourced" its janitorial duties. At least, not here in Alberta.

In the 1960s, my Mother measured her success in the company where she worked by finally, after at least five years, making more money than the janitor. And it would have been even longer if the company had not unionized at that point in time.

In the 1970s, one place where I worked, the janitors had more clout than the President of the corporation. To whit, they were the only ones who were able to stop all employees from eating their lunches at their desks. All because of one employee who had tossed a piece of cake, icing-down, into the garbage can by his/her desk. In those days, garbage cans were painted metal with no garbage liner bag. Today, that same corporation hires the same company that cleans transit shelters, and that company's employees dare not complain about anything at the risk of the company losing the janitorial contract.
jon
Advanced Member

Return to British Columbia