New PEAK AM show.

Radio News from British Columbia

New PEAK AM show.

Postby GrumpyOldMan » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:04 pm

Had a first chance to sample Tyler and Lynch this morning. I had heard some "feedback" from friends, but wanted to make up my own mind.

Honestly, what on earth were they thinking here? You have two guys who have a 17 year old's sense of humour, who sound exactly the same, and who haven't the first clue about what Vancouver is really about. Maybe I got them on a bad day, but it was embarrassing.

I'll assume this was a Ross Winters decision, because he's their programming guy now. Reminds me of previous disastrous hire from the late 80's when another REALLY bad out of market Morning show was brought to Rock 101. Anyone remember Tom and Jerry and their "Politically Correct" humour? For me, Ross should lose his job over this hire. It's that bad. I can't see the PEAK suddenly jumping share points anytime soon. Modern Rock is the dumbest format / positioning statement going. What is it? It ain't "Under the Bridge", but I hear it along with a tonne of other fossils.
GrumpyOldMan
Advanced Member

Re: New PEAK AM show.

Postby PicturesForYourEars » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:21 am

Yeah, I caught a morning show promo while scanning the dial.
How bad?
The only thing missing is drex.
...LEFT PLACES I SHOULDA STAYED,
STAYED PLACES I SHOULDA LEFT...
PicturesForYourEars
Advanced Member

Postby Jim Walters » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:47 pm

There was a video of these two clowns on Facebook last week. From what I saw there, I have no reason to bother tuning in.

Ah yes, Tom and Jerry. One of the most idiotic hires ever. I don't think I've bothered to tune in Rock 101 since that trainwreck.
Jim Walters
Advanced Member

Postby DenMan1965 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:58 pm

When those two guys were at X929 I listened to them a couple of times could not stand it. Calgary's loss (not) Vancouver's gain Sorry my friends in Vancouver

DenMan65
DenMan1965
Advanced Member

Return to British Columbia