Okanagan Oldies 103.9 - Castanet is on the Move

Radio News from British Columbia

Re: Okanagan Oldies 103.9 - Castanet is on the Move

Postby jon » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:23 pm

dmehus wrote:Also, I bet they had to offer Mr. Watters an attractive salary & benefits package to get him to ditch the DKA, which is often a "proving ground" for a municipal bureaucrat job.

Assuming we are talking about Winnipeg-born Ryan Linklater, who I lost track of after he left Corus in Edmonton, his love of Radio is such that he would take a cut in pay for a job like this.

Even when he worked in Sales, he used to do evening on-air work on Cool 8-80. I'm sure he wasn't getting paid for it because there were no on-air evening shifts in the budget, i.e. - jockless.
jon
Advanced Member

Postby Doug » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:41 pm

No, Ryan Watters. Formerly was with Sun FM in the early 2000s then ditched the radio business for the Downtown Kelowna Association (Business Improvement Area that gets annual budget from special property tax levy on commercially zoned properties in downtown core of Kelowna) about 10 years ago when John Perrott jumped from the DKA to the City of West Kelowna.

LOL - love the term "jockless" - that makes me think of not wearing underwear! haha

Cheers,
Doug
Doug
Advanced Member

Postby Ryan Waters RL » Sat May 05, 2018 11:00 am

Hi Jon! Thanks for the kind words and I do miss JOE FM and COOL 880 , industry has changed a lot unfortunately. I’ll send you an update post CORUS:)

Ryan
Ryan Waters RL

Previous

Return to British Columbia