You. Are. Full. Of. Shit.

Radio News from British Columbia

You. Are. Full. Of. Shit.

Postby PicturesForYourEars » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:19 pm

Last night, for the first time in a couple of weeks, I accidentally scanned past CKNW after midnight to hear the "host" (a term I use loosely) tell the caller
"YOU ARE FULL OF SHIT"
and then hung up on him.

Can somebody PLEASE get this joker off the air?
...LEFT PLACES I SHOULDA STAYED,
STAYED PLACES I SHOULDA LEFT...
PicturesForYourEars
Advanced Member

Re: You. Are. Full. Of. Shit.

Postby slowhand » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:31 pm

"Coast to Coast" suddenly looks kind of good in lots of ways, especially as a replacement. That ain't gonna happen if Bell Media controls it and may even be planning it for 1410.

Would Red Eye Radio work in Canada? Any other interesting all night programming out there?
slowhand
Advanced Member

Postby Just sayin' » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:07 pm

Wow! A skilled host would have turned that caller around to his way of thinking...and make a devoted fan. There are words that simply do not translate on the radio and s...t is definitely one of them. I heard a host one time in the States telling a story about the s...t hitting the fan. Not once did he actually say the s...t hit the fan, but that's exactly what you were thinking, and he intended you to think. Now that is skilled.
Just sayin'
Advanced Member

Postby Jim Walters » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:44 pm

PicturesForYourEars wrote:Last night, for the first time in a couple of weeks, I accidentally scanned past CKNW after midnight to hear the "host" (a term I use loosely) tell the caller
"YOU ARE FULL OF SHIT"
and then hung up on him.

Can somebody PLEASE get this joker off the air?

You must be speaking about Dreck. Successful late night talk hosts like Herb Jepko, Art Bell. George Noory, David Berner etc didn't attract listeners by being confrontational with their listeners.
This idiot piece of dog shit doesn't have a clue about talk radio and should never have been given the opportunity to be a part of it. I can't imagine what he was like as a jock.

With the demise of Roundhouse Radio, Jody Vance will be available. Maybe Larry should start making some changes to the NW roster ASAP.
Jim Walters
Advanced Member

Postby Just sayin' » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:59 pm

Sorry to hear about Roundhouse. How about Gene Valeitis for NWs 10pm to 2am national show. Couple of times I heard him, he nailed the issues with a mature, informed and interesting take. Toronto would love him since he had a hugely successful show there for years.
Just sayin'
Advanced Member

Postby slowhand » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:13 pm

Denver is calling.

slowhand
Advanced Member

Postby the-real-deal » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:46 pm

Good Lord. Someone has a foul mouth, do they not !

I think that fowl language is part of the overall decline at CKNW and also, the decline of morality and manners, in general.

But, I doubt though CKNW will fold over this. It still make lots of money, make no mistake.

The lack of respect for the listener, as no one corrected the fowl language, is not cool. But agreed, the better talk show hosts talk people out of things, they don't hang up or swear at them.

Some on-air talent get complete carte blanche to do whatever they want, including swearing and yelling ! Jian Ghmeshi once had that status at the CBC and look what happened to him. He became famous. (notorious) LOL

On the Lowell Green open line show in Ottawa, listeners have been yelled at, sworn at, hung up on, etc. by a fat, little man, for over 40 years, now.

But, they keep listening to the fool.

I once saw Lowell Green at an autograph signing session at a bookstore in Ottawa, as a teenager. I almost puked ! Amazingly, he continues to abuse a second generation of victims at his Ottawa studio, every day.

Why would I want an autograph from a right winged loser like him !

Unfortunately, CRFA, like CKNW, has been stripped to the bone of its news department and its former glory, by the television business. That trend started with Bell and CFRA and has since been emulated by Shaw and other outlets.

TRD
the-real-deal
Advanced Member

Postby PicturesForYourEars » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:00 am

I worked with the delightful Mr. Green for a few years in the seventies at CFRA...
I thought Lowell had retired a few years back ?

Are you saying Drek is his son?

...LEFT PLACES I SHOULDA STAYED,
STAYED PLACES I SHOULDA LEFT...
PicturesForYourEars
Advanced Member

Postby the-real-deal » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:25 pm

Who knows whether he retired! This article in the Ottawa Citizen first says he's giving up the show, but it also says later that he makes "daily appearances" on the same show.

So, it that a retirement or essentially, a part-time role. You be the judge !

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-new ... t-a-career
the-real-deal
Advanced Member

Return to British Columbia