TDM on CFUN in drive

Radio News from British Columbia

Postby tuned » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:12 pm

Had a chance to catch some of Terry David Mulligan on CFUN in drive today. I guess he did a couple of shifts this week along with a bunch of other people. I guess management can't make a decision so they subject listeners to a pig in a poke programming. The highlight of Tedium's show was a great intro to a Maceo Parker soul track that unfortunately was only played for a minute and then it was non-stop lowlights.
Think of the fawning, "inside", self congratulatory tripe served up by "Urban Rush" and you get the idea. Lots of TDM's hack actor and show biz pals punctuated by endless guffaws. There were also attempts at comedy including "voicemails" for TDM from someone who did a very bad impression of Red Robinson among others. If only Terry had played some good tunes and used his great set of pipes to talk about them maybe they'd have something. But that makes far too much sense. I only hope when BCE takes over Chum they do some long over due management housecleaning.
tuned
Advanced Member

Postby jon » Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:34 pm

Only heard the first 8 1/2 minutes of his first show (Thursday), up to the first break, but I think it very revealing that his delivery suddenly got really, really good when he was talking about a musician. It makes it very clear to me that a TDM program where he talks about and plays music would make the most sense. Second choice would be a talk show about music and musicians.
jon
Advanced Member

Postby kat » Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:08 pm

I think anyone who's ever worked with TDM in any capacity would be quite happy if he just retired and went away to someplace where he could talk to himself all day and tell himself how great he is/was.
The world has two kinds of people. Cat people and idiots.
kat
Advanced Member

Postby monakitty » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:22 pm

To Kat.
TDM?
Yep. You're right.
Meow.
monakitty
Advanced Member

Return to British Columbia