TWINE 10

Radio News from British Columbia

Postby Kingkade » Sat May 27, 2006 11:21 pm

I don't know what happened to our post on (.... other radio board) but it got taken down somehow.

Anyway, for those of you looking here for your news and stuff, please surf on over and check out Twine #10 at TWINE

We got some listener email that we get into at the start of the show. Thanks to those of you who took the time to write in. Feel free to do the same at \[EMAIL=twinecast@gmail.com\]twinecast@gmail.com\[/EMAIL\]

This week, we dust it up pretty good. Buzz seems to be on some sort of rampage. I think his mood swings dramatically when Stephen Harper is in BC. Here?s the spectrum of what we cover:

* Prime Ministerial visit to BC
* The Conservatives find a $12B surplus
* The Conservatives can?t talk about gay Mounties
* There are plenty of teachers graduating just in time for the BCTF strike vote
* Vancouveris filled with bitchy whiners
* The smoking debate rages on

Thanks for checking us out.
Kingkade

Postby DJ Specs » Sun May 28, 2006 1:45 pm

Excellent! Thanx for the update!
What a sly guy... Radio Vibes..
DJ Specs
Advanced Member

Postby Cliff Bashly Kinkade » Mon May 29, 2006 7:51 am

After listening to Twine 9 and your take on those Da Vinci Code protests I knew it was only a matter of time before the thumpers cast you from the garden.

Congrats.
nudeswithviews.com / where right is never wrong
Cliff Bashly Kinkade
Advanced Member

Postby Kingkade » Mon May 29, 2006 8:43 am

I believe this to be a referrence to our deletion from PSR. If so... very very funny. Nice work, sir.

rk
Kingkade

Postby Glen Livingstone » Mon May 29, 2006 10:26 am

Kingkade wrote: I believe this to be a referrence to our deletion from PSR.

Roger -

If this is actually true, that you were banished from another radio board because of something you said on your podcast, this is a very sad state of affairs indeed.

I wonder if the people who post on that other site are aware that this kind of blatant censorship is occurring, all because someone over there disagreed with something you said on a podcast.

Of course there's no hard proof that this is what happened, but it's very suspicious.

Please continue to publicize your TWINE podcasts on this site without fear of 'retribution'.

The only valid censorship of ideas is the right of people not to listen. ~Tommy Smothers

We have a natural right to make use of our pens as of our tongue, at our peril, risk and hazard. ~Voltaire, Dictionnaire Philosophique, 1764

If you don't have this freedom of the press, then all these little fellows are weaseling around and doing their monkey business and they never get caught. ~Harold R. Medina

You can cage the singer but not the song. ~Harry Belafonte, in International Herald Tribune, 3 October 1988

The populist authoritarianism that is the downside of political correctness means that anyone, sometimes it seems like everyone, can proclaim their grief and have it acknowledged. The victim culture, every sufferer grasping for their own Holocaust, ensures that anyone who feels offended can call for moderation, for dilution, and in the end, as is all too often the case, for censorship. And censorship, that by-product of fear - stemming as it does not from some positive agenda, but from the desire to escape our own terrors and superstitions by imposing them on others - must surely be resisted. ~Jonathon Green, "Did You Say 'Offensive?'," as posted on wordwizard.com
Glen Livingstone
Advanced Member

Postby Kingkade » Mon May 29, 2006 10:46 am

I don't think that's why we were deleted. I certainly wouldn't slander anybody for their Christian beliefs since I am Christian myself.

I believe we were deleted for other reasons.

We will continue to post here, but only to spread awareness. As with the other site, we are independent and not affiliated with any other website.

Thanks,
Kingkade

Postby Glen Livingstone » Mon May 29, 2006 11:00 am

Kingkade wrote: I believe we were deleted for other reasons.

Still, it makes me wonder just what kind of 'offence' that you - or anyone else for that matter would have to commit to warrant that kind of reaction.

I take it no explanation was forthcoming?
Glen Livingstone
Advanced Member

Postby Cliff Bashly Kinkade » Mon May 29, 2006 11:24 am

ah Pluto, full points for posting Voltaire - his treatsies on the lack of reason shown by technocrats interestingly during the Age of REason) is absolutely appropriate for this discussion. And maybe for the state of discourse currently displayed in the western world, and as such, the media that reflects it.

And Roger, I don't think that BEING Christian has anything to do with it. You have to be the RIGHT kind of Christian... geddit?
nudeswithviews.com / where right is never wrong
Cliff Bashly Kinkade
Advanced Member

Postby Kingkade » Mon May 29, 2006 1:38 pm

The RIGHT KIND...
Pat Robetson
Kingkade

Postby buzzbishop » Mon May 29, 2006 1:52 pm

Dont diss P-Rob... dude can leg press 1000 lbs! And there are [unconfirmed] reports he can do 2000 lbs.

AMEN!
buzzbishop
Advanced Member

Return to British Columbia