A huge collection of old radio shows... FREE!

A look back at various radio stations

A huge collection of old radio shows... FREE!

Postby CubbyCam » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:40 pm

Can anyone out there make use of a massive collection of old radio shows... everything from Jack Benny to the Green Lantern, Roy Rogers, if it was on the radio in the 40's... it's likely in this collection. Only catch is, the collection is on hundreds of audio-cassettes. I picked them up last year at an estate sale. It had been a lifetime hobby of the gentleman... recording these shows, I assume from various oldies shows on the radio. They're all cataloged and numbered. If there's any interest in taking these, I'm happy to hold them... otherwise, I'm afraid they're going to cassette heaven... (next week's garbage pickup). You can respond publicly or message me here. Thanks!
CubbyCam
Advanced Member

Re: A huge collection of old radio shows... FREE!

Postby Tape Splicer » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:05 pm

You might try contacting some of the seniors extended care facilities ie; New Vista in burnaby, or Kiwanis care center in New Westminster or Evergreen Lodge in North Van, to name a few. These places might be able to use what you have as a form of entertainment as a way to stimulate their residents.
Tape Splicer
Advanced Member

Re: A huge collection of old radio shows... FREE!

Postby CubbyCam » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:34 pm

Actually, I've just posted them on Craig's List and appear to have a taker. Thanks!
CubbyCam
Advanced Member

Return to Radio Station History