Site Update

A look back at various radio stations

Site Update

Postby VancouverTopFortyRadio » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:22 am

The Vancouver Top 40 Radio website has been updated as follows:

1. CKLG 1967 charts, complete, including the year-end Top 173 chart.
On the Index page for the year you'll find links to four audio montages of varying lengths featuring Boss Jocks "Don Richards" (2:08)), "John Tanner" (1:51), "Stevie (Grossman) Wonder" (9:48), and a short one with J.B. Shayne (0:23). Thanks to Larry Morton for this audio.

Larry also provided scans of the CKLG 1967 Yearbook which are also included on the index page.

Further included is a CKLG Christmas jingle, courtesy of RadioWest.ca.

Cross-links between the CKLG and C-FUN charts for that year are now active.

2. C-FUN Soundathon #13. This event began airing Jan. 13, 1967 and featured the all-time top 300 hits to that time.
The chart also includes yet another audio montage, albeit a short one (3:14), from the actual event of those many years ago. Four DJs can be heard but the one I can't identify starts at the 0:10 second mark and runs to 0:47. If anyone can help ID this guy I'd appreciate hearing from you. The other three are Tom Peacock (0:48 to 2:03), Don Richards (I believe) from 2:04 to 2:55, and Al Jordan (2:55 to 3:15.) Again, thanks to Larry Morton for this audio and for all the other montages he has previously provided.

3. The "This Is Vancouver" jingle (courtesy of Radio Fan), that plays when viewing my title page got corrupted a while back. It has now been repaired. But if you have never heard it playing while viewing the title page, then you need to have Quicktime installed on your system. (You can, of course, hear it in the Jingles section of the RadioWest.ca site.)

4. Additional work is being done on the site to remove various glitches so that the charts will retain the same appearance in the many different browsers out there. This work is ongoing. For one, steps are being taken to eliminate unwanted "line wraps" which were occasionally occurring on some of the charts causing misalignments between the song title and artist.

Lots more still to come.

Have a Fun-tastic day.

Jim
Vancouver "Top Forty" Radio
http://www.VancouverTop40Radio.com
VancouverTopFortyRadio
Advanced Member

Return to Radio Station History