CKKS 97 Kiss Fm traffic jingle (out in left field topic)

A look back at various radio stations

CKKS 97 Kiss Fm traffic jingle (out in left field topic)

Postby Broadcasthockeynut88 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:55 pm

I'm new to this board, so I apologize if this is posted in the wrong area; I searched hard - honest :) Anyways, just curious as to if anyone knows what package 97 Kiss Fm Vancouver got the Traffic jingle out of; not sure if readers remember it, but it was a nice musical 5 or 6 tone intro when they went to traffic.
I believe KOST (coast) 103.5 in LA used it as I heard it when I was down there in early 07; but I can't seem to find it on the JAM demo samples - was amazed to find that site of all the jingle samples (think its Jam.com); I've been on the outside of the business for past few years, and had never heard of this site.

Hope someone can give some insight on what I'm looking for. Just curiosity, and would be neat for nostalgic purposes to have a copy of it (kinda like finding that old CKNW the one you turn to jingle the other day!).

Thanks. Great message board btw; I just discovered it!
Broadcasthockeynut88

Postby radiofan » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:00 am

Welcome aboard BHN88

Check out today's "Jingle Of The Day" http://radiowest.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4491 , it's a few CKKS early 90's jingles plus the traffic intro . .hopefully the one you're looking for.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Kiss FM Vancouver

Postby Broadcasthockeynut88 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:44 pm

Thank you for that - that was quick (re the Kiss Traffic jingle); that is the one I was thinking of. I remember too when they had it on air, that it almost sounding like it was "wowwwwwing.."; I wonder if that was a production issue.

Anyways, thank you for that. If anyone knows if it exists in production quality, watch package with JAM it would be great. Cheers.
Broadcasthockeynut88

Return to Radio Station History