Memories of Downstairs at CJOR

A look back at various radio stations

Postby kat » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:55 pm

Top Dog wrote:I could not make hide or hare out of that and sounded like a bumbling idiot.

That must be the writing style you copied.

Happy to see you've remained consistant for the past 40 years!
The world has two kinds of people. Cat people and idiots.
kat
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:38 pm

Kittie - I cannot take offence to your comments.

You are so pretty for a kitty! or thats what I think when I dream of lying down for a cat nap.
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Pretty please

Postby johnsykes » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:47 pm

Jack, Fred.....those marine reports you posted knocked me out....if you have anything else of mine, I'd be glad to help costwise to get it posted, even to me direct. I never even thought of taping and saving anything I'd ever done on the air.....I don't mean to sound vain about this.....I didn't even have anything from CKGM/CFOX Montreal days until Marc Denis came through with my newscast the day after the moon landing in 1969. Again, an amazing recollection.

Hindsight doesn't cut it, I know. And today, I'm so down about what I could have done but didn't.

I have been very fortunate to have worked in radio among some or many of the greats......Sinclair, Jr., Cherington, Burns, Wall, Burrows, Finnegan, Charlie Johnson, Chuck Chandler, Ancell, Hagopian, Webster, Murphy, Boyd,
Macken, Good, Swangard, Hood, Ramsden, McComb, I can't go on.....I'm going to forget so many, and I can't do that. Every one of the guys and ladies I worked with in radio were special......from the reception desk to the outhouse.....I cared about you all.....there are many on Jack's BCradiohistory site who deserve to be there.....I am honoured to have been a part of his website, and still he's able to add to it. I think all of us should thank Jack Bennest for what he's done for B.C. Radio.....I'd hate to think the greats of yesteryear would be forgotten. Thank you Jack for all your work. Sincerely!!!
Last edited by johnsykes on Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:57 pm

Hey thats a real compliment. It's an honour to serve you.

I even appreciate the humour of many who poke fun at me. You are all great.

One thing I want to say about about a number of radio websites in BC -

They are not about one person - they are about history.

Sites that are all about one person - to be completely honest - are boring and repetitive.

How many pictures of Green do you need to see before you get the idea that Green is a great colour.

I would rather have one compliment a year -

thanks John.
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:39 pm

Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Previous

Return to Radio Station History