Site Update

A look back at various radio stations

Site Update

Postby VancouverTopFortyRadio » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:30 am

The Vancouver Top Forty Radio website has been updated to include the following:

1) CKLG 1968: All surveys for the year are now on the site including the year-end Top 173.

2) CKLG 1968 Audio: The index page for the year features eight audio montages of varying lengths recorded from that year. They include Daryl 'B', Stevie (Grossman) Wonder, Terry David Mulligan, Dave Palmer, Bob Allen, and over 10 minutes of J.B. Shayne. Thanks goes to Larry Morton who recorded this audio back in 1968 and has contributed much in the way of audio to the site. (Larry also helps proofread the charts after I type them, before they're opened to everyone else.)

3) CKWX 1959: The long sought-after missing surveys for this year have been found, thanks to CISL's Gerry O'Day. 1959 is now complete! Thanks to Gerry for his contribution. Remaining to be found are what I believe to three early surveys from 1958. Assuming these were published at all they would probably be dated Aug. 18/58, Aug. 25/58 and Sept. 1/58. If you have any leads that will uncover these charts I'd love to hear from you.

Coming:
- CKLG 1969 charts.
- The long-delayed CKWX 1957 section featuring the station's unpublished charts and Red Robinson's Teen Canteen charts (top tens only).
- More jingles.

Jim
Vancouver Top Forty Radio
http://www.VancouverTop40Radio.com
Last edited by VancouverTopFortyRadio on Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VancouverTopFortyRadio
Advanced Member

Re: Site Update

Postby cart_machine » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:33 pm

Jim, you really should be congratulated for preserving all this. And it's good to see the co-operation you're getting.

And it's nice to see Gerry's good for something other than stealing Ellie's last name. ;)

cArtie.
cart_machine
Advanced Member

Postby VancouverTopFortyRadio » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:57 pm

And thanks for pointing out that I spelled Gerry's first name wrong. Oh well. It's corrected now.

:D
VancouverTopFortyRadio
Advanced Member

Postby mightymouth » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:42 am

cart_machine wrote:Jim, you really should be congratulated for preserving all this. And it's good to see the co-operation you're getting. cArtie.

Jim, Jim, Jim, I can only echo what the cart-man has said. I've just spent the last hour, going back to my youth! (Which by the way was miss-spent!) :mrgreen:
I'm Verklempt!! But all I can say is, thank you, thank you, thank you. Where else would I find an air-check of Stevie Wonder (Grossman) Good God, where did you find this? The late Darryl B? Send all the D.J.'s of today to the CKLG, Air Check section of your web page, and let them listen to Darryl B, Stevie Wonder and the early sounds of T.D.M. These guys knew how to do it! Hey young DJ's take a listen. And by the way Jim, where do I send my cheque? We should have to pay, and pay big-time, to take a trip like that.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
mightymouth
Advanced Member

Return to Radio Station History