KOL 1965

A look back at various radio stations

KOL 1965

Postby wireless-dude » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:48 pm

Back in the summer of 1965 I had just got out of high school and in my age group you either listened to KJR or KOL, I listened to both. KOL had a great airstaff and still to this day I remember some great times--thing is I have heard very few airchecks of them, and a while back I was lucky enough to add a nice long one unscoped from June 25 0f 65 to my small collection of radio stuff----here is just a small slice--enjoy go to http://www.sendspace.com/file/jrmjsn
wireless-dude

Re: KOL 1965

Postby jon » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:58 pm

Ah, Ray Hutchinson. He survived all the way back through the Miserable Music from the Mudflats MoR era and back to the original Top 40 era of the late '50s and early '60s. And worked with Lan Roberts at KOL when Lan first arrived in Seattle fresh from New Orleans (summer of 1961).

Back in that first era of Top 40, KOL DJs did their shift, then did the News for the next DJ's shift. I'm not sure if that was still the case in the summer of 1965, because I thought I remembered that Ray ended up doing just News in his last years at KOL.
jon
Advanced Member

Return to Radio Station History