Mid 70's top 40 syndication "The Love Rock"

A look back at various radio stations

Mid 70's top 40 syndication "The Love Rock"

Postby douglasm » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:48 pm

I wasn't sure where to put this, but here goes.....

Does anyone remember a mid 70's taped syndicated Top-40 radio show called "The Love Rock"? It wasn't a well done package, and the only place I ever heard it was on KPQ-AM in Wenatchee, WA from '75 through about 1980. It's not the Peters Productions "Love Rock", that's more current than the show I'm looking for. Any help would be appreciated.
douglasm
Advanced Member

Re: Mid 70's top 40 syndication "The Love Rock"

Postby jon » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:33 pm

This is from the Feb. 22, 1975, edition of Billboard.

Yes, I know you think you aren't looking for the Peters Productions "The Love Rock" syndicated Top 40 program. But I've got to believe that this is what you were listening to. The time is right. And I can't believe that Peters would be stupid enough not to sue the pants off any other syndicated Top 40 program with the same name.

Especially note the "musically tailored to fit individual markets" line in the Billboard article. Perhaps not as flexible as John Tesh's syndicated program now, which is just a bunch of voice tracks that you can mold around any laid-back adult music format. But flexible enough to be one thing to you as you listened to it. Which did not match what other people spoke about at other stations in your request for info on a Michigan radio board.
jon
Advanced Member

Re: Mid 70's top 40 syndication "The Love Rock"

Postby douglasm » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:16 am

I've heard later versions of the Peters "Love Rock", and I don't think it's it. The one I'm looking for is an out and out Top-40 rocker pitched at teens. The version of the Peter's I have heard was more of an AOR format. But maybe I should look into adaptations of the Peters format a little more. Thanks for the info.
douglasm
Advanced Member

Return to Radio Station History