Just For Fun CKNW

A look back at various radio stations

Just For Fun CKNW

Postby 78rpm » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:29 pm

It was a Sunday morning show with comedy skits, novelty tunes and recorded comedy tracks on "NW for years.

Does anyone recall the "Just for fun" intro theme?
I believe this upbeat tune consisted of mainly vibes and clarinet, possibly a Lionel Hampton tune and would like to find it.

Any ideas?
support community radio-send all your money now.
78rpm
Advanced Member

Re: Just For Fun CKNW

Postby yathink » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:11 pm

78rpm wrote:It was a Sunday morning show with comedy skits, novelty tunes and recorded comedy tracks on "NW for years.

Does anyone recall the "Just for fun" intro theme?
I believe this upbeat tune consisted of mainly vibes and clarinet, possibly a Lionel Hampton tune and would like to find it.

Any ideas?

I'll sa betcha you might find it on "Spike Jones Greatest Hits"
I can't give you a brain, but I can give you a diploma.
yathink
Advanced Member

Re: Just For Fun CKNW

Postby Bruce Hood » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:22 pm

the show featured "whistful Warren Barker" and "Hallucinations P. Davis" ...I think Warren wrote all the comedy..Davis just announced...It followed "Concert Time" with Wally Garret and "Hagans Presents Scandinavia" with Ed Farey . At one time it was sponsored by Bolivar Hatcheries (they wee in Surrey) and at ther end it was Murray Goldman...A group of us used to usher in church and once the congregation was inside hearing the sermon we'd hide in a car outside and turn the show on at 11.30 and smoke. 2 of us ended in Radio eventually.... Old News
Bruce Hood

Return to Radio Station History