New Seattle Ratings Book

Welcome to our friends from the Seattle area who lost their radio message board in early December ...

New Seattle Ratings Book

Postby Bongwater » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:47 pm

http://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb039

Everyone 6+ took a hit (save KRWM and KUOW), KMPS, KUBE and KNDD really low lately......
If you're happy and you know it, share your meds.....
Bongwater

Re: New Seattle Ratings Book

Postby skyvalleyradio » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:26 pm

All three of these stations are well past their 'best before' dates, but there are probably no simple solutions turning them around. KUBE has been on life-support a few years now and the entry of KHTP is the final nail in the coffin. Perhaps a complete format change to Urban hits??? KMPS troubles began after the implementation of PPM as a listener measuring device, revealing some skewed stats under the previous paper diary method. "The Wolf" is somewhat edgier and has a more contemporary overall sound. Switching to a more 'classic country' approach likely wouldn't work either and would be a huge blow to upstart indie station KXA 1520, which has yet to show up in the ratings. I'm not sure what the fix would be for "The End" - blowing it up and doing something different?? The current Sea-Tac radio dial is pretty tepid and devoid of any sense of adventure trying new, marginal-appeal or 'narrow-interest' formats. This is quite understandable given the current economic climate and struggles such stations are enduring (the "Z-twins" come to mind) There ARE some "holes" to fill format wise, but whether these can translate to ratings, listeners and revenue is the big question. Overall, I think there's too many stations chasing after too few listeners & advertisers in the Sea-Tac region. Of note, KFNQ 1090 with CBS Sports showed up with a .1 and it's first showing in the ratings in along time
skyvalleyradio
Advanced Member

Postby YesterDaze » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:09 am

skyvalleyradio wrote:..... upstart indie station KXA 1520, which has yet to show up in the ratings.....

I don't believe I've ever seen any Everett/Snohomish stations show up in the Arbitron-cum-Neilson ratings for Seattle.
Not sure if that means they have an insufficient number of listeners .. or that they are not included because they don't sign up for the Seattle/Tacoma ratings services.
YesterDaze
Advanced Member

Postby Bongwater » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:14 pm

Before PPM, KRKO used to pop up occasionally in the lower edge of the list.

KHTP is quite the conundrum of KUBE. KMPS's fall was surprising and I'm not sure what to do with KNDD. There's an opportunity for 107.7 to get serious about the music and be the INNOVATORS they once were, but I doubt we'll ever see that.
If you're happy and you know it, share your meds.....
Bongwater

Return to Seattle/Tacoma and Western Washington