where is frantic frank todd

Stories and info about those no longer involved in the industry

where is frantic frank todd

Postby puffman » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:40 pm

I just found this website this afternoon (Saturday, 8/6/11). I grew up in Great Falls, Montana and it was the disc jockeys in the Great Falls market who helped inspire me to get into radio. Next month, September, I will celebrate 50 years in broadcasting. Radio's taken me from Great Falls to North Dakota to Pennsylvania to Ohio, back to Pennsylvania for 29 years in one market, and the past 13 years have been spent in my home state as I attempt to get back to my roots. One of the guys who had an influence on me was Frantic Frank Todd. Todd went from Great Falls to CKY in Winnipeg in the early 60s, back to Great Falls, somewhere down in Idaho, and a gig at CJCA in Edmonton. Last me or any of my friends heard, Frank had left CJCA sometime around 64' or '65 and gotten into the beef jerky business. Does anyone know what happened to Frantic and if he is still alive. I assume he would be in his early 70's.
puffman

Re: where is frantic frank todd

Postby Michael Morgan » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:50 pm

I worked with Frank Todd at CKGM 1970 - 71 as well as CJCA in 1965.The last I heard after he left GM was that he was heading west.
Michael Morgan

Postby Anotherwpgguy » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:51 pm

Good Day Michael. Hope you're doing doing well.

http://www.marcdenis.com/ckgm-memorabilia.asp
Anotherwpgguy
Advanced Member

Postby Michael Morgan » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:28 am

Bonjour Marc,

I think Frank is still mad that I somehow or another stole his girl Rena Coates, he accused me of 'bird dogging her' which was impossible because i have never owned a hunting license nor shot a gun of any kind.
Thank you for asking I am doing well, I am raising my four year old grandson full time (3 years now) and I am still in the Voice Over biz, currently I am working on brain health and its ability to rewire itself (neurogenesis and plasticity). How are you?

Michael
Michael Morgan

Postby groundwave » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:27 pm

I recall Frank ("F.T. Spree") Todd had later showed up briefly on CHED at some point during 1968-69, shortly after he left CJCA. Can't remember if he had a steady weekday slot, as he may have been doing only weekend and swing shifts.
Last edited by groundwave on Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
groundwave
Advanced Member

Postby groundwave » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:29 pm

groundwave wrote:I recall Frank ("F.T. Spree") Todd had later showed up briefly on CHED at some point during 1968-69, shortly after he left CJCA. Can't remember if he had a steady weekday slot, as he may have been doing only weekend and swing shifts.

What happened? I just quoted myself :lol:
groundwave
Advanced Member

Postby Anotherwpgguy » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:11 pm

Mike ... error ... not Marc. Someone else in the centrefold picture that was your room mate for awhile.

Rather disheartening to think 3 of those persons in the photo are now dead.

I'm doing very well indeed, and fortunately also became rejuvenated. Still infected with the radio bug, but also have a substantially different career on the go.

AWG
Anotherwpgguy
Advanced Member

Return to Radio People History