Do you know radio guy Rusty Red" or Al Morgan

Stories and info about those no longer involved in the industry

Do you know radio guy Rusty Red" or Al Morgan

Postby paul hesketh » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:36 pm

Does anyone remember Rusty Red or Al Morgan.
Morgan worked in Ontario; Did stints in Kamloops, B.C. CFCP, Courtenay/Comox, hosting a morning gig called "Good Morgan. Moved to radio in Osoyoos in 68/69.
A friend is wondering if he is still around, so any information would be helpful
paul hesketh

Re: Do you know radio guy "Rusty Red" or Al Morgan

Postby Jack Bennest » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:17 am

Paul - the moment I saw the headline my interest was piqued. Then came mention of the 68-69 years.

I do remember working with this cat but for a very short period of time and have no record of him.

My early years are a bit unclear even to me but Maurice Finnerty plucked me from BCIT and I
started "real" radio in Osoyoos CKOO in that period of 68-69.

If you can find Dave Gamble, the first manager he might remember. Or Bill Coombes in Chilliwack.
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Re: Do you know radio guy Rusty Red" or Al Morgan

Postby paul hesketh » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:59 pm

Thank you Jack...your information is helpful..Surprised that his name is not known to more in the business
paul hesketh

Postby Mr.e. » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:52 pm

Since I am a newcomer to this site and the posts are old--I worked with Rusty on CFCP from 81 to 85. When I left the station
for Europe (the great 208 Lux.) I had heard that he had moved to a position in Victoria..I too was looking for him but alas
could not follow up on the Victoria move..So I too would like to know where he is now..
Mr.e.

Postby paul hesketh » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:51 pm

Thanks for the note..My now g/f and her former husband were friends with Rusty.He worked in Kamloops, hosting a show called Good Morgan. Also CFCP Courtenay...but they lost track of hime about this time. He also worked at the radio station in Osoyoos, but don't know the dates.Also my friend did not know that he worked in Victoria.
Strange that few radio people know of him
paul hesketh

Return to Radio People History