Takin' Care Of Business

Stories and info about those no longer involved in the industry

Postby Flash Frizbone » Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:59 am

I was researching one of my shows this morning and found out a piece of trivia I did not know..BTO's "Takin' Care Of Business" was written by Randy Bachman..he was inspired by Darryl B's line "This is Darryl B on C-FUN & We're Takin' Care Of Business"..a piece of trivia that I was not aware of and took me by surprise..so there you go :o
Flash Frizbone
Advanced Member

Postby Glen Livingstone » Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:22 am

Nice piece of trivia.

I remember hearing Randy make this comment on a radio interview a couple of years ago.

It's always interesting to learn where ideas for songs come from - especially when they turn out to be as big a hit as "Takin' Care of Business" was.
Glen Livingstone
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:33 am

1900 West 4th Avenue was an inspirational place not only for BTO but also for the Guess Who. In 1971 The Guess Who was visiting CKVN and during an on air interview from the talk show studio, Burton Cummings noticed a light that was labelled Alert Flasher. This was a light that was flashed at the talk show host when it was time for a commercial break etc.

CKVN's Alert Flasher is where the name Albert Flasher came from.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby Flash Frizbone » Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:40 pm

Isn't that amazing..I often wondered about the story of 'Albert Flasher"..I thought he was some "pervert" from Winnipeg..thanks for the scoop on that one I will certainly remember that one for future reference.
Flash Frizbone
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:50 pm

One of Albert's cousins used to frequent the radio boards...until he was exposed.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:17 am

How dare you use the word 'scoop' and pervert in the same message and then expose my caricature later in the thread.

I demand a retraction, an apology and four beer for Linda and I.
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Return to Radio People History