JJ's Dunk Tank

Stories and info about those no longer involved in the industry

Postby Jack Bennest » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:13 am

Friday at Noon

seems this was a TD affair and JJ was on the list of dunkees.

My fearless reporter took many shots - I thunk I saw Keith Hayes in the background.

O well - maybe later
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:08 pm

"Well, someone paid for a ball to hit the button which dunked him, all in the name of charity.

Needless to say there would have been former staff who would have done that for free, had they known he'd be doing this stunt.

And to be honest, I think there were more bank people there, who probably don't have a clue who JJ is, and his dirty deeds.

No - it was a TD Canada Trust fundraiser for Canuck Place and Ronald McDonald House - it's an annual hoo-hah. Was surprised to see Corus on this year's list - I don't know if they've ever participated before. (edited to protect the corporate world) The guy on the mike works for the Bank.

Yeah - I was taking pictures like mad, because I think JJ was the only one from the 20th floor to participate.

I was also snapping like mad, just to get ONE picture that could get posted on Radio West .......

Since I don't know what those other Corus jokers look like, I couldn't find them in the crowd.

This is the first year that a list wasn't given out ahead of time with the "dunking" order - if I would have had that, I would have been more organized. "

spy hired and could be fired
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Return to Radio People History