Lan Roberts: 10 Years Gone

Stories and info about those no longer involved in the industry

Lan Roberts: 10 Years Gone

Postby jon » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:33 am

It will be exactly 10 years ago tomorrow that Lan Roberts passed away. He is best remembered from his time at KJR Seattle in the '60s and '70s, but he had a very memorable career, garnering considerable fame in his home state of Texas as Lanny Lipford, before becoming Lan Roberts in New Orleans, Seattle, Hawaii and beyond. He returned to Texas when he retired.

Thanks to KJR co-worker Bill May, his web site is back at lanroberts.com. Don't let the home page fool you, the rest of the site is Lan's as he left it in December 2005.
jon
Advanced Member

Re: Lan Roberts: 10 Years Gone

Postby Tom Jeffries » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:11 pm

I just want to note Lan's passing.
Ten years, it doesn't seem possible.

I met him twice and let me tell you - this was a VERY fine man. My good pal, Phil Mackesy and I were getting Lan to come to Seattle, as we dreamed of starting an internet Radio Station, with Pat O'Day, Red Robinson and Lan. (*Thank Gosh we didn't = the market would have eaten us for lunch). Lan was one of my radio heroes. He was larger than life and twice as nice.

Lanny, wherever you are tonight, my friend - thanks for living up to the Legend, and beyond.

Your kindness, generosity and honesty and yes, Love made a big difference in my life.

I have never been able to repay Phil for introducing us.

Lan was something else.

RIP.
Tom Jeffries
Advanced Member

Return to Radio People History