Ed Murphy passes

Stories and info about those no longer involved in the industry

Re: Ed Murphy passes

Postby smathieson17 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:58 am

This is Eds granddaughter ..thanks to all for remembering him..not so impressed with the post made by someone that was completely pointless!
smathieson17

Postby Eldon-Mr.CFAY » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:20 pm

Greetings Everyone,
Yes my parents used to listen to Ed Murphy a lot! So did I in fact. Enjoyed his talk show and humor. Also understand he had a pub in downtown Vancouver for awhile too. Seemed like a nice guy and good investigative reporter too. A longtime radio friend of mine in Vancouver met Ed a couple times and was in the studio discussing some topic with Ed. I think it was related to solving some crime, I will have to ask him. That of course is many years ago. Anyway all the best to you and good to see the posting! Actually all the earlier postings were before I joined Radio West in spring of 2009! I miss a lot of those great talk show hosts from CJOR and CKNW. Vancouver talk radio today is just not what is used to be!!!

All the best everyone, safety first! 73s Eldon
Bye . . Mr. CFAY "Frequently On The Frequency"
The CFAY Website: http://cfayradio.wordpress.com
CFAY Radio: http://tinyurl.com/l9qqmh
Eldon-Mr.CFAY
Advanced Member

Postby 78rpm » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:13 pm

Had the pleasure of working with Ed's wife in 1969 at the Royal Bank in Ladner. I believe they were living in Tsawassen at the time.
Don't think it was a marriage made in heaven tho.
support community radio-send all your money now.
78rpm
Advanced Member

Postby former tv guy » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:23 pm

78rpm wrote:Had the pleasure of working with Ed's wife in 1969 at the Royal Bank in Ladner. I believe they were living in Tsawassen at the time.
Don't think it was a marriage made in heaven tho.

Well that was a tacky thing to say based on a personal observation that is absolutely nobody's business.
You don't by any chance work for a Chilliwack radio station?
former tv guy
Advanced Member

Postby shauna107 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:46 am

This is his granddaughter..and yes very tacky! Thanks to the people who posted kind words and pictures about him. I just hung an awesome photo of him in my house. Taken during his CJOR days with Rich Little and Ed MacMahon. A very cool picture and a piece of history!
shauna107

Postby Murphyslaw » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:59 am

Yes, he did own a pub downtown Vancouver. Murphys Neighborhood Pub now Malones Taphouse. I haven’t been able to find any pictures of it.
Murphyslaw

Previous

Return to Radio People History