Yvonne Eamor

Stories and info about those no longer involved in the industry

Yvonne Eamor

Postby Jack Bennest » Thu May 01, 2008 1:18 pm

Hi everyone: I am pleased to announce that Yvonne Eamor has accepted the Radio News Senior Producer position. She will officially start in the job on Monday, June 2.

As anyone who has been around journalism in Vancouver for the past few decades knows, Yvonne has a sterling reputation as reporter, producer, newsroom leader, and teacher. She has spent almost 30 years in the electronic news biz in Vancouver, with just a slight side trip for a few years into communications.

Yvonne has a passion for news that matches the CBC's commitment perfectly. I can tell you that she is very excited to be working here with our great news team.

In the next while we will be asking for input to put together the radio news action plan for the next year. I am hoping to organize a half day or day long meeting for as many news staff as possible to work on this. Yvonne will play a big part in all of this.

As those of us who have competed with Yvonne over the years know, she is a formidable opponent. It's very nice to have her on our side.

Please wish her welcome.
Cheers, Liz.

Liz Hughes
News Director
CBC News British Columbia
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Return to Radio People History