Update on Ted Reynolds

Stories and info about those no longer involved in the industry

Update on Ted Reynolds

Postby Jack Bennest » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:56 pm

Update on Health of Ted Reynolds

August 11/08

I've had a chat with Ted Reynolds' wife Joan this afternoon and she was pleased to give me the good news that Ted has been moved from the main Lions Gate Hospital building to the seniors' care facility, Evergreen House, located on the same property. Unfortunately it is very unlikely that Ted will be able to return home, but Evergreen House will be much more comfortable for him.

As mentioned in my previous message, Ted would welcome company and he would love to hear from friends and colleagues through cards and notes if a visit isn't possible. If you plan to visit, Joan advises that mornings are best when he is rested and has a bit more energy. He tires by early afternoon and the evenings are not good at all.

The address is:

Evergreen House,
231 East 15th Street,
North Vancouver, B.C. V7L 2L7
Telephone: 604-988-3131

source: peggy oldfield - cbc pensioners

June 28th/08

Steve Armitage succeeded Ted Reynolds in swimming and diving coverage for CBC. Reynolds, who's recovering from a recent setback at Lions Gate Hospital, covered his first Olympic Games in 1960 in Rome.

source:cbc

07/30/08 - Pioneer broadcaster Ted Reynolds is recuperating in Lions Gate Hospital in North Vancouver after undergoing three serious operations within months, the most recent to remove a large blood clot on the brain which was the result of a fall on the street near his home. He began his broadcast career at CFJC Kamloops in 1945, progressing to play-by-play sports at CJVI Victoria from 1947-56 and handled numerous on-air duties with CBC Radio and Television in Vancouver from 1956-91. He was also the first host of Vancouver Canucks telecasts for Hockey Night in Canada on CBC-TV when the team joined the NHL and is the recipient of numerous sports broadcasting awards.

source: northwestbroadcasters
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby cart_machine » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:38 pm

Thanks for the note, TD. By a strange coincidence, I was reading about Ted just a few hours ago in one of Jimmy Tang's columns in an old Colonist while doing research for the baseball site. Ted did a bit of print work there as well; I think he covered some lacrosse.

Sad to hear about this while the Olympics are on, considering how many he must have done.

cArtie.
cart_machine
Advanced Member

Return to Radio People History