Time flies by

Stories and info about those no longer involved in the industry

Time flies by

Postby johnsykes » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:03 pm

A few days after my post, I am reminded that this coming weekend marks the 50th anniversary that I joined CKGM in Montreal. So much has changed since that date.....so much for the better, but so much for the worse. Were I able, I would post so many ups and downs from day to day......it could actually fill a book I'd love to read. Some wonderful times.....some not so. Some great people I've worked with, some not so. Some amazing trips overseas....none I can recall to say not so. A few honours over the years.....many brickbats too.

If I were to suggest to those who got into radio later.....beware! The golden days of radio are history. But don't give up hope either.....we all may be surprised!

Keep smiling

Sykes
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Re: Time flies by

Postby jon » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:15 pm

Did you ever work with Roger Abbott? The guy from Air Farce.

I've read that he worked at CKGM, but I never knew exactly when, what he did or for how long he was there. But I do know that he has always been a huge supporter of Top 40 Radio, at least of the kind that existed in the '60s.
jon
Advanced Member

Re: Time flies by

Postby johnsykes » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:14 pm

I believe he was with 'GM later...I've heard about him obviously, and also believe he was at the 50th anniversary bash put on last year.
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Return to Radio People History