Good Rockin' Tonight - the 80's

Stories and info about those no longer involved in the industry

Good Rockin' Tonight - the 80's

Postby Jack Bennest » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:31 pm

A grown up Stu Jeffries

Quotes from an article in a CBC former/current employees website.

How to sum up the last 17 years in an e-mail. Difficult to say the least. As you all probably know, I left Vancouver for Toronto in ‘97 to further my radio career and start anew. It worked. I landed a morning show gig, met the woman of my dreams, married her and soon became a father of three beautiful boys. Ben, Leo and Sam are now 9, 7 and 5 and presently take up ALL of my free time. Over the years, I've hosted just about everything, including national shows on CMT and CTV, game shows, talk shows, shows about shows...it's been fun and it never fails to remind me of how it all started. I speak of my days at GRT fondly and always smile when I think of you guys. Oh, and (Terry David) Mulligan? Thanks for quitting.) (Terry and I have recently reconnected through his website and he's going to be a guest on a syndicated radio show I do with Kim Clark Champniss called The 80s Show. Hopefully you'll be able to hear it in Vancouver soon. I love that Terry said 'I hated the 80s' to our producer). Every time I find myself face-to-face with an artist from the GRT years, they always comment on what the show meant to them. It wasn't just a good show, it was an important show. I love that people, both fans and musicians alike, know and appreciate that. I miss you guys! Love, Stu”
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Return to Radio People History