Trump wants to break up large broadcasters

General Radio News and Comments, Satellite & Internet Radio and LPFM

Trump wants to break up large broadcasters

Postby tuned » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:05 pm

He wouldn't allow the Time Warner AT&T merger and would undo the Comcast/NBC merger. No wonder the long knives are out at NBC and CNN.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/polit ... racy_.html
tuned
Advanced Member

Re: Trump wants to break up large broadcasters

Postby Dave L » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:13 pm

Lock him up.
VE7LGD
Dave L
Advanced Member

Postby ThisIsNotCBC » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:44 pm

Dave L wrote:Lock him up.

Hillary should be the one to be locked up for all the trouble she and her DNC operatives have caused. Take note of this: (Warning - contains language)

https://youtu.be/GpLAzAZXi2A
ThisIsNotCBC
Advanced Member

Postby Dave L » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:52 pm

ThisIsNotCBC wrote:
Dave L wrote:Lock him up.

Hillary should be the one to be locked up for all the trouble she and her DNC operatives have caused. Take note of this: (Warning - contains language)

https://youtu.be/GpLAzAZXi2A

I did not have sex with that woman. She wouldn't be my first choice.
VE7LGD
Dave L
Advanced Member

Postby pave » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:06 am

The alternative to expecting any government to break up radio's major-biggies, like Cumulus and iHeart, might be to just stick around until they collapse under their own debt load.
"Hey, buster. Wanna buy a cluster!? Come on down!
Deals like you never seen - plenty o' free parking."
(By the way, I never suggested it would be a good alternative.)
pave
Advanced Member

Postby Howaboutthat » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:39 am

It'll be the BEST break up ever!!
Houston, We're dealing with morons!.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby Roger Pedacter » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:36 am

Everyone agrees it'll be the best breakup ever.

Everyone.

Everybody tells me it's a great idea.

The polls are so in favour of it. It's a great idea
Roger Pedacter
Advanced Member

Postby Dave L » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:48 pm

Roger Pedacter wrote:Everyone agrees it'll be the best breakup ever.

Everyone.

Everybody tells me it's a great idea.

The polls are so in favour of it. It's a great idea

I agree. The polls are so phony. Everybody hates the polls.

NBC cancelled his show and CNN quotes him verbatim. Such a disaster.

In the first 100 days, he will repeal the Emmy Awards and give himself the reward he deserves.

Then America will be great again.
VE7LGD
Dave L
Advanced Member

Postby VE7ROX » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:17 am

Good on Donald Trump. Time to revive the North American economy!!
RoX ToX in the dialog BoX . . . Bye, Jim VE7ROX
VE7ROX Website: http://ve7rox.spaces.live.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Law Won:....http://tinyurl.com/2gbzvn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
VE7ROX
Advanced Member

Postby Coolcat » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:23 am

Love him or hate him, even though he is arguably one of the US's biggest loudmouths I think down deep he is closer to the lunch bucket crowd than most people who have run for president, which probably comes from his construction background.

His biggest challenge is spin and packaging which he has not mastered at even a grade school level and Hillary and Bill have written the book on. This has allowed Clinton and the media to paint him in any which way they want. If by some remote chance he wins on election day my favourite part will be seeing all the grovelling of the media the next day.
Coolcat
Advanced Member

Postby ThisIsNotCBC » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:12 am

Good on Donald Trump. Time to revive the North American economy!!

About time too.

Coolcat wrote:Love him or hate him, even though he is arguably one of the US's biggest loudmouths I think down deep he is closer to the lunch bucket crowd than most people who have run for president, which probably comes from his construction background.

His biggest challenge is spin and packaging which he has not mastered at even a grade school level and Hillary and Bill have written the book on. This has allowed Clinton and the media to paint him in any which way they want. If by some remote chance he wins on election day my favourite part will be seeing all the grovelling of the media the next day.

Thing is, no one's buying what the Clintons or their MSM puppets are selling (including the cooked and rigged "polls") anymore, thanks to Wikileaks exposing them. The difference between attendance at the Trump rallies (packed arenas and stadiums with thousands more turned away) and the Hillary rallies (unable to fill even smaller halls) is like night and day and that's all I need to go by.
ThisIsNotCBC
Advanced Member

Postby Dave L » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:21 am

Last time I checked, WikiLeaks was a illegal enterprise exiled to a third world country with the help of Russia. When it suited their purposes then, conservatives derided them. When it's suits their purposes now... they became allies.

Vetting and source verification does not enter into the right wing media's play book.
VE7LGD
Dave L
Advanced Member

Postby tuned » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:37 am

Speaking of illegal enterprises, the Clinton's are the most crooked, corrupt politicians ever to hold office. They've perfected the art of the payoff to enrich themselves beyond their wildest dreams. The US is quickly becoming a banana republic that looks more and more like Mexico every day.
tuned
Advanced Member

Postby jon » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:47 pm

Another broadcasting-related Trump item has one columnist suggesting that, at least until Friday's FBI announcement about another Clinton e-mail investigation, Mr. Trump had been concentrating more on laying the groundwork for a rumoured "Trump TV" station than the Presidency. Whether or not he "knew" he was going to lose, or was just making sure his eight digit personal investment in his campaign would pay off no matter what the Election results are next week.

Before the naysayers stepped in on Trump TV, The Guardian (U.K. newspaper) even published a program schedule for Trump TV, admittedly tongue-in-cheek:
https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radi ... -look-like

At this point in time, there is no agreement on whether Trump TV could be successful, but there seems to be little argument that the "media sources" for the Trump point of view (his campaign rallying points) are currently not well organized and would benefit from the kind of high profile hub that Trump TV could become.
jon
Advanced Member

Postby Coolcat » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:32 am

At this point in time, there is no agreement on whether Trump TV could be successful, but there seems to be little argument that the "media sources" for the Trump point of view (his campaign rallying points) are currently not well organized and would benefit from the kind of high profile hub that Trump TV could become.

Rumour was that Ailes would head it up. Since Murdoch's kids are running FOX and they tend to lean to the left the rumour is FOX will look more and more like CNN after the election. This would create a void on programming from the right and Trump could probably have a media empire without much effort.

Last time I checked, WikiLeaks was a illegal enterprise exiled to a third world country with the help of Russia. When it suited their purposes then, conservatives derided them. When it's suits their purposes now... they became allies.

Not surprising as it would be this way on both sides of the fence. Just look at how they were talking about the FBI director when he said Clinton was clean and now that he has lowered the boom after searching the perv's laptop and found more emails the same people on the left say he is a dirtbag.
Coolcat
Advanced Member

Next

Return to General Radio News