Calling all CFUN Staff - About time for a get together?

General Radio News and Comments, Satellite & Internet Radio and LPFM

Re: Calling all CFUN Staff - About time for a get together?

Postby Tom Jeffries » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:29 pm

I would like to thank RadioFan for letting me ramble here.

I wish all my radio friends the very best.

This is my last post at Radiowest.ca, for a variety or reasons.

I am no longer connected with radio, and it is a business that I no longer recognize, anyhow.

There are a few people on this board, who finally finished me off.

With that being said - thanks for the kindness and positive vibes to 98% of the good people here. I wish you every happiness.

As for me, the joy of this stuff has gone and we have a whole new crop of radio people that can add to current conditions, and I can’t.

Thanks - goodbye.
Tom Jeffries
Advanced Member

Re: Calling all CFUN Staff - About time for a get together?

Postby tuned » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:42 pm

Don't let the trolls get you down. Thankfully there aren't too many of them here but they are infuriating when they crawl out from under their slimy little rocks. That's why they are called trolls.
Yeah radio ain't what it used to be. Nothing is. Doesn't mean people can't enjoy talking about the past without having to feel guilty about it. It's one of life's little pleasures. Plenty of guys are kicking ass in 2014 outside of corporate radio. Tom Leykis is live every single day 3pm - 6pm and is making it work for his third year. Phil Hendrie is on every morning at 9am - noon and you can grab his podcast anytime. Might not be your cup of tea but there's plenty out there that will be. You will ALWAYS be connected to radio Mr. Jeffries. You can add to current conditions by offering some seasoned perspective. Enjoy your break in the sunshine!
tuned
Advanced Member

Previous

Return to General Radio News