Canadian Announcer David Tyler Gives Back

General Radio News and Comments, Satellite & Internet Radio and LPFM

Canadian Announcer David Tyler Gives Back

Postby jon » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:43 pm

David Tyler Debuts Online Course for VO Talent
RADIO ONLINE
Monday, February 9, 2015 | 3:24pm CT

Canadian Voice Talent David Tyler is launching the "Ultimate Voice Over Guide" Online and it's now open for registration. This is the web-based version of David Tyler's live seminar, presented to students in Central Canada last year. A student who attended the live seminar wrote, "An accurate and informative workshop that truly represents all the facets of running a VO business. Concrete useful info, no fluff."

Twenty years ago when David Tyler was struggling to start a career in voice over he made a promise that when he reached a comfortable six-figure salary he would pay it forward and start teaching others how to succeed. "When I started in voice over there was no course like this," Tyler explains, "for me and other voice talent of the time it was a trial and error kind of education. I'm thrilled to be able to start sharing what I've learned."

The course covers everything from creating an efficient business model, to building a home recording studio on a budget, interpreting scripts and winning auditions, to marketing and building your client list.

"Marketing is by far the most challenging thing for voice over artists," David confides, "so in the course I will explain my 7 aspects of an effective marketing strategy for VO artists," something that even advanced voice artists will gain from.

This 8 module course is not meant for the novice or someone just thinking about going into voice over. This course is meant for people with at least some voice work experience as well as full time voice talent who want to take their voice over business to the next level.

Tyler is a voice talent and teacher based in Montreal, Canada. He is the national voice of CTV News in Canada and the signature voice of dozens of TV and radio stations around the world.

Course Outline
http://www.ultimatevoiceoverguide.com

MODULE 1 - "Setting up a business that works" (24:34)
MODULE 2 - "Choosing the services to offer" (28:19)
MODULE 3 - "What you should be charging" (11:15)
MODULE 4 - "Setting up your home studio" (12:45)
MODULE 5 - "Marketing your voice over business" (36:21)
MODULE 6 - "How the right demos & website can get you booked" (19:27)
MODULE 7 - "Interpreting directions & scripts" (33:07)
MODULE 8 - "Sustaining your success" (12:42)

+ BONUS 1 & 2

The online course has even more information that couldn't fit into the live seminar. 2 BONUS videos: "Finding your Maximum Resonance Point" and "Sell Without Selling".

Price is $347 in U.S. Dollars, plus taxes.
jon
Advanced Member

Re: Canadian Announcer David Tyler Gives Back

Postby Howaboutthat » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:02 pm

Just an observation. Why is a Canadian, living in Montreal, charging in U-S dollars? Is that even legal?
Houston, We're dealing with morons!.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Postby jon » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:51 pm

I wondered why, too.

Sure hope it is legal. I've sold a fair amount of stuff on eBay over the years, and U.S. customers get confused if you don't list everything in U.S. dollars. Canadians on eBay seem used to it.
jon
Advanced Member

Postby Jim Walters » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:59 am

Hockey players for Canadian NHL teams get paid in US dollars, so I'd assume it's legal.
Jim Walters
Advanced Member

Postby pave » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:06 am

When I'm doing voicers for U.S.clients, I get paid in nice, fat & juicy, Amehlican dollahs.
Wa-Hoo!
(Four or five months ago, it wasn't that big a deal.)
pave
Advanced Member

Postby Howaboutthat » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:51 am

pave wrote:When I'm doing voicers for U.S.clients, I get paid in nice, fat & juicy, Amehlican dollahs.
Wa-Hoo!
(Four or five months ago, it wasn't that big a deal.)

True, but I can't see Canadians, paying a Canadian is USD - especially these days.
Houston, We're dealing with morons!.
Howaboutthat
Advanced Member

Return to General Radio News