The Eagles and Steely Dan are ALL OVER Paris and Rome

General Radio News and Comments, Satellite & Internet Radio and LPFM

The Eagles and Steely Dan are ALL OVER Paris and Rome

Postby Tom Jeffries » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:06 am

I walk to the counter at one of Rome's GREAT Pizza hole in the walls - and I am stunned to hear "Hotel California' wafting out of the Commorah Copies of Bose Speakers. The Night before, we heard a Viola player playing 'Stairway to Heaven', at the Spanish Steps.
In Paris, at Marks and Spencer, on the Champs - it was The Beatles and the, gulp, Eagles.

I asked all these folks about this music, where is the Italian Music, Edith Piaf?

Most of them said "we play for you, not us". I guess that makes sense - here I am sweltering at 11:30 at night and my Son and I are singing along about Checking in and never checking out.

We stayed at a Hotel on 'The Spanish Steps" - De La Ville Roma (*They deserve the plug - they are pros - and VERY fine staff. *their Maitre D' is one of the nicest guys. Romans re special people and we fell in LOVE with Rome). It is actually overwhelming.

Paris has it's charms. Two weeks and now I get to cough through the smoke. *Incredibly sad - flying back on our last leg of the Tour and we saw the horrifying results of the fires ravaging the Country - and then to come home to the news of Whistler and our beloved Sechelt - it was just, well, heartbreaking, is the only word that came to mind.

Hope YOU are well. *Europe is Cellphone CRAZY and wired to the gills.

Kudos to Rouge for in flight Internet!
Tom Jeffries
Advanced Member

Re: The Eagles and Steely Dan are ALL OVER Paris and Rome

Postby Tom Jeffries » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:29 am

To end on a positive note: WE WILL get through this FIRE STORM - together - special THANKS and STAY SAFE to all the brave firefighters and a special thanks to crews coming from as far as Australia to help.
Noted:
Our American Brothers and sisters are great neighbours and are willing to come and help save US, in a heartbeat.

God Bless Them All.
Tom Jeffries
Advanced Member

Return to General Radio News