Happy Birthday Eldon-Mr.CFAY

Happy Birthday Eldon-Mr.CFAY

Postby radiofan » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:13 am

:occasion4: Happy Birthday to Eldon-Mr.CFAY :occasion7:

The Langley Fire Department has your permit ready to light up 61 candles on a Birthday Cake.

Enjoy your day and your dinner with Mrs. CFAY :groovy:
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Re: Happy Birthday Eldon-Mr.CFAY

Postby jon » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:22 am

I wondered why Mrs. Eldon was buying Eldon dinner today.

Good birthday to my first radio boss. OK, even if you don't get paid, there is still a boss. Surrey's CFAY may not have been licensed, but it still broadcast with 5 watts on 1357.25 KHz, and was once heard in Seattle -- an amazing feat given the weak signal I got in South Burnaby.
jon
Advanced Member

Postby Dan Sys » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:00 am

I echo those sentiments. Have a good one Eldon !!! :rockon: Too bad the Roy Rogers restaurant in the old hood is gone, that would have been a great place for the birthday dinner!
Dan Sys
Advanced Member

Postby Mike Cleaver » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:18 am

Happy Birthday, Eldon. Hope you have a super day.
Mike Cleaver Broadcast Services
Engineering, News, Voice work and Consulting
Vancouver, BC, Canada

54 years experience at some of Canada's Premier Broadcasting Stations
Mike Cleaver
Advanced Member

Postby VE7ROX » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:36 pm

Happy Birthday Eldon! I know I called you at 1:30 AM in the morning, but I'll throw a Happy Birthday on here also. :occasion5:
:occasion4: :occasion7:
RoX ToX in the dialog BoX . . . Bye, Jim VE7ROX
VE7ROX Website: http://ve7rox.spaces.live.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Law Won:....http://tinyurl.com/2gbzvn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
VE7ROX
Advanced Member

Postby Eldon-Mr.CFAY » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:00 pm

Hi Everyone,
Many thanks for all the birthday greetings!!!! Yes RadioFan Ann was making some sneaky arrangements with the Langley Fire Department that I don't know about. Hope they don't invade Red Robin tonight!!!! Have to get there for my birthday surprise. Yes Dan that old Roy Rogers Restaurant in the Whalley Hood would have provided some provided some excitement. By the way the Whalley 7/ll store that had been there for years is long gone too actually just over the last year. Jim told me about it on one of his famous sunshine taxi trips from North Vancouver to Surrey!!!!!

By the way RadioFan thanks very much for the photo of CKOT, never had seen anything about the station before. I*m taking the Via Rail Train (my favorite mode of travel after the van or auto) back east the end of April this month. Too bad the Harper government doesn't improve the train travel. We only have it running 3 days a week from Vancouver to Toronto, and it only goes the Northern Route through Edmonton, Saskatoon and then Winnipeg to Toronto. No Calgary, Medicine Hat or Regina Service since Mulroney killed that route in 1989 or 1990. Still have fond memories of Dan and I going to Calgary on Via Rail back in the late 1980s, still remember the bar car Dan!!!!!!

Anyway thanks again everyone. Better get back with Mrs. CFAY before she kills me for being late for dinner tonight!!!
Take care everyone! Eldon....
Bye . . Mr. CFAY "Frequently On The Frequency"
The CFAY Website: http://cfayradio.wordpress.com
CFAY Radio: http://tinyurl.com/l9qqmh
Eldon-Mr.CFAY
Advanced Member

Return to Welcome to RadioWest.ca