RadioWest/CRN GTG April 14th

RadioWest/CRN GTG April 14th

Postby radiofan » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:42 pm

We're overdue for a RadioWest/CRN GTG! Easter is out of the way, and Red Robinson's RPM lunch is at the end of the month,
so we'll grab the middle of the month!

If you're free, plan to join us on SUNDAY APRIL 14th anytime after 11:00AM at The Marine Pub in South Burnaby!

We hope to see the usual gang plus a few new faces ...

Location: Marine Pub in Burnaby. Near the corner of Marine Drive and Gilley, just west of Byrne Road. Website.

If you need directions, ask here or email.

The location is Transit friendly. #100 "22nd Street Station" bus runs from the Marpole Loop east along Marine Drive. There is a stop almost at the door. From Skytrain get off at 22nd Street station and catch the #100 "Marpole Loop", there is a bus stop across the street from the pub.

If you plan to join us, please let us know...either by posting here or sending an email to: party @ radiowest.ca .. just so we have a rough idea of how much space we will need.

Hope to see you on Sunday the 14th!
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Re: RadioWest/CRN GTG April 14th

Postby CubbyCam » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:25 am

I'm definitely going to try to be there. Looking forward to it. :occasion5:
CubbyCam
Advanced Member

Postby Eldon-Mr.CFAY » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:46 pm

Greetings Everyone,
Thanks RadioFan for mentioning this April GTG. I*m listening to Gord on KRUZ FM right now and he is making some great comments and playing great oldies as usual from Peterborough. Speaking of Gord sure would be nice if some of the more distant Radio West members could make one of the Radio West GTGs at the Marine Pub Location in South Burnaby. I know the food is great there because I have eaten there once or twice unfortunately not when Radio West GTG was happening though. I would love to make this one but because I am still in Ontario it does not look likely that I will be out in B.C. by then. Still trying to finish off a lot of radio paperwork here and see Radio and Vinyl Record Collector folks in Ontario and the Eastern USA. I am looking forward to getting back out there and bringing charts, and some other things out there for friends in B.C... Looking forward to seeing Dan and RadioFan when I get back out there too. Anyway if I can make it I certainly will but I would like to wish everyone a really great April 2013 Radio West Get-Together anyway! Have a great time! Hope the weather is good for mid-April there too. Today we are getting snowflurries, some sun and its about freezing here right now at 4:40 PM EDT (0 Celsius) after a low of way below freezing getting down to 20 degrees F. which is something like Minus 6 or 7 Celsius. A lot of the snow on the ground is gone but we got covered with about another inch of dry snow overnight. The wind here tends to evaporate some of it fairly fast! Even if its a cold wind.

By the way I just would like to mention that parking at the Marine Pub seems quite good too if you have never been there. I have talked to Ann (Mrs. CFAY) about the Radio West Get-togethers and she was kind of interested in attending one with me too when I do get to do this.

Well all the best everyone and from what I have heard its at least spring-like around Greater Vancouver, apparently not at Manning Park though which is covered in snow!!!! Spring Skiing I guess!

73s Safety First, Take care, Eldon
Bye . . Mr. CFAY "Frequently On The Frequency"
The CFAY Website: http://cfayradio.wordpress.com
CFAY Radio: http://tinyurl.com/l9qqmh
Eldon-Mr.CFAY
Advanced Member

Postby kat » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:10 pm

Eldon-Mr.CFAY wrote:Greetings Everyone,

By the way I just would like to mention that parking at the Marine Pub seems quite good too if you have never been there. I have talked to Ann (Mrs. CFAY) about the Radio West Get-togethers and she was kind of interested in attending one with me too when I do get to do this.

Well all the best everyone and from what I have heard its at least spring-like around Greater Vancouver, apparently not at Manning Park though which is covered in snow!!!! Spring Skiing I guess!

73s Safety First, Take care, Eldon

Eldon - If you and Mrs CFAY are driving to the Pub, I hope you won't be drinking too much. I'd hate to see you have an accident in the parking lot.

I thought of you and your buddy wandering around Zero Avenue near the Sumas border with your radios when I heard about the problems out that way today with the Border Patrol.

:cat2:
The world has two kinds of people. Cat people and idiots.
kat
Advanced Member

Postby former tv guy » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:18 pm

kat wrote:I thought of you and your buddy wandering around Zero Avenue near the Sumas border with your radios when I heard about the problems out that way today with the Border Patrol.

:cat2:

LOL :lol:

Hi Everyone!!

I too, like Eldon, am posting here, despite what the instructions say, because I too, like Eldon, who has never been to a GTG lunch, will not be able to go to the GTG lunch later this month.

The weather here today has been mostly cloudy with a few showers and highs in the mid teens.

69s! head first!
former tv guy
Advanced Member

Postby Eldon-Mr.CFAY » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:10 pm

Hi Everyone,
Gee Kat I thought you had fallen into the ocean or something, had not seen a post from you in months!!! Never heard about the border problems because I am nowhere near there. That was a fun time there and we heard some great dx, no problem with border patrol at all. However won't be doing that anytime soon, I am far too busy with radio and vinyl record collectors business on my extended visit in Eastern Canada. Nowhere near Sumas or Vancouver. Anyhow I don't drink and drive and these days don't drink much at all in the way of alcohol. Mainly FAYGO Pop from the States which has just come into Canada in parts of Southern Ontario! Man is that good stuff especially their Pineapple Pop and I don't even like Pineapple much. FAYGO is a longtime soft drink company in the States out of Detroit area I think. No the parking lot at the Marine Pub is large so unless you are blind or it is very crowded you should have no problem with parking there. I don't like driving around Greater Vancouver so would probably go with a friend or take transit if I was going to attend the GTG. Hope others have a nice time there.

I think the last time I saw a posting from you Kat it was about a internet wi-fi radio you had bought and liked from comments I had made on Radio West.

Take care everyone, 73s Eldon
Bye . . Mr. CFAY "Frequently On The Frequency"
The CFAY Website: http://cfayradio.wordpress.com
CFAY Radio: http://tinyurl.com/l9qqmh
Eldon-Mr.CFAY
Advanced Member

Postby Mike Cleaver » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:48 am

See you there!
Mike Cleaver Broadcast Services
Engineering, News, Voice work and Consulting
Vancouver, BC, Canada