Happy Birthday Eldon (Mr. CFAY)

Happy Birthday Eldon (Mr. CFAY)

Postby radiofan » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:26 am

Happy Birthday to Eldon Mr. CFAY today. :towel:

Last we heard heard from Eldon, he was heard singing "I'm Dreaming Of A White Easter Birthday" ... and he got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe all those candles on the cake will help warm things up in the Coburg/Baltimore area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(The weather is much nicer in Murrayville, Langley Township and Greater Vancouver)

Have a great day Eldon!

:occasion4:
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Re: Happy Birthday Eldon (Mr. CFAY)

Postby Tom Jeffries » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:32 am

Happy Birthday, Eldon > love your enthusiasm and sense of fun and history.

:occasion4:
Tom Jeffries
Advanced Member

Postby CubbyCam » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:54 am

Let me add my best wishes to the dribble that's soon to become a torrent. Happy Birthday Eldon! (Just looked at what I wrote and feel obliged to say I meant no reference at all to your advancing age.) Aw... to hell with it... I'm leavin' it. :occasion4:
CubbyCam
Advanced Member

Postby Jim Walters » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:04 pm

Happy Birthday Eldon.

I always enjoy reading about your DX adventures and your radio memories.

Have a great day. :partyguy:
Jim Walters
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:39 pm

Palm trees and sun bathing in the Okanagan Eldon

:partyguy: :occasion7: :yahoo: :occasion5: :occasion4:
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby skyvalleyradio » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:22 pm

Hey Happy Birthday "Mr DX" Eldon! May your receiver be full of rare signals & your mailbox full of QSL's :occasion5:
skyvalleyradio
Advanced Member

Postby Eldon-Mr.CFAY » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:57 pm

Greetings Everyone! Thanks very much for the birthday greetings, greatly appreciate that! Yes its still cold and damp from the Great Lakes with more snow predicted tonight and early Monday morning. So far very little has fallen today in the Baltimore area but it was supposed to. Went out for dinner to Brighton, Ontario for Fish and Chips at Captain Georges which is a great independent chain in Ontario. Good quality too! Got some rice pudding for dessert and my sister made me a wonderful chocolate birthday cake. Wish Mrs. CFAY (Ann) had been here but she is still holding the fort down in Langley for me. Can hardly wait to get back out there after this very cold winter, the worst cold of any winter of my life with temperatures at times at minus 30 below 0 Fahrenheit in Februrary. Very cold and snow came later in January but has lasted right till Easter here. I ended up getting acid reflex back in late November 2014 from a mild case of gas poisining from the Union Gas Heating pipes system in this area too. The odor was a terrible rancid metal smell like you were in a welding shop with deteriorating metal, never had anything like that before. Lasted a week and sparked the acid reflex which I knew nothing about. My sister etc. researched it and I am recovering from it still which along with the extreme cold has delayed me getting back to Langley too. The very cold weather and wind does not help get rid of Acid Reflex, it worsens it! Warmer weather helps. Unfortunately I cannot drink any kind of pop and have to watch how much chocolate I eat and certain foods too.

However having said all that I am recovering and have had a nice birthday, dinner was great! I am working on selling the rest of the 600 record albums and 10 years worth of Monitoring Times magazines here in Baltimore which I cannot ship to Langley because of weight. Once I sell them I can leave here. Am shipping over 25 other boxes of radio items and other things from Ontario to Langley to my PO Box etc.. and they will go to the new house in Murrayville, Langley Township that I am buying. Can hardly wait to get back out there and enjoy the nice weather there compared to what i have been putting up with here!

Anyway I hope you are all having a great Easter Weekend! Nice talking to you on the landline last night RadioFan, thanks for the phone call. Thanks again everyone for all the nice birthday wishes here on Radio West, really appreciate that. Stay well and safe everyone!!! HAPPY EASTER TO YOU ALL! :towel: aL THE BEST FROM Eldon!
Bye . . Mr. CFAY "Frequently On The Frequency"
The CFAY Website: http://cfayradio.wordpress.com
CFAY Radio: http://tinyurl.com/l9qqmh
Eldon-Mr.CFAY
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:41 pm

Eldon-Mr.CFAY wrote: Wish Mrs. CFAY (Ann) had been here but she is still holding the fort down in Langley for me.

I didn't realize you lived in Fort Langley. :bag:
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby skyvalleyradio » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:36 pm

Eldon - I'm very sorry to read about your acid reflux problem related to poisoning. The human body can sure react in some strange ways & I do hope there are no permanent health problems as a result. I don't have a bad problem with acid indigestion but do get 'heartburn' on occasion. I solve this drinking natural Aloe Vera juice, available in most grocery stores and it seems to take care of it. I refuse to consume Rolaids/Tums for this & prefer a natural product. Get those damn boxes packed & get back out here to the healthy west coast, Eldon
skyvalleyradio
Advanced Member

Postby PMC » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:47 am

A belated :occasion4: Eldon.

Visited your website again... and always a treat. Am interested in your ip address trace back, and what software grabs it and does the lookup.
PMC

Return to Welcome to RadioWest.ca