Radio West.ca March GTG

Re: Radio West.ca March GTG

Postby Neumann Sennheiser » Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:27 pm

Dan Sys wrote:...as I look out the window here in Maple (F)ridge right now it's snowing like hell.

That's the only thing that kept me away today. The forecast for the evening, while I'd be driving back south, is for serious snowfall risks all through Whatcom, Skagit, Snohomish, and the northern parts of King counties. Major roadwork delays along I-5 and Hwy 16 pretty much sealed the deal. Make the next one soon under more favorable conditions and I promise to be less of a weather-wimp.
Did Jolly John Tanner show?
"You don't know man! I was in radio man! I've seen things you wouldn't believe!"
Neumann Sennheiser
Advanced Member

Postby Steve Sanderson » Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:36 pm

Neumann Sennheiser wrote:
Dan Sys wrote:...as I look out the window here in Maple (F)ridge right now it's snowing like hell.

That's the only thing that kept me away today. The forecast for the evening, while I'd be driving back south, is for serious snowfall risks all through Whatcom, Skagit, Snohomish, and the northern parts of King counties. Major roadwork delays along I-5 and Hwy 16 pretty much sealed the deal. Make the next one soon under more favorable conditions and I promise to be less of a weather-wimp.
Did Jolly John Tanner show?

All 6 and half feet of him..!
:wink:
Steve Sanderson
Advanced Member

Postby mightymouth » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:00 pm

sandclan wrote:All 6 and half feet of him..!
:wink:

Did Jolly say if he was still doing work at the Planetarium? He was always interested in Outer Space!
Don't count the days, make the days count.
mightymouth
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:24 pm

Thanks to all 16 people who made the trek to the Marine Pub this afternoon. 7 new faces and 10 who were return faces. (I know I said 16 then 10 + 7 = 17 .. I was #17!)

5 folks from News 1130 - Russ Byth, Reaon Ford, John Ackermann, Shane Bigham and Mike Popil. As mentioned in an earlier post, Jolly John Tanner, who had a day off from the Planetarium. AM 650 (CISL) PD and Morning Guy Gerry O'Day and Evolution 107 OM and BCIT instructor John Oliver and author Peggy Stewart.

Dan Sys and Linda left early as neither was feeling 100% , so no pictures this time!

It was great to finally meet up with sandclan and the walking musicologist and trivia king Firedog!

As always, nice to see the webmasters of the other Vancouver based radio websites, Gord Lansdell http://www.vancouverbroadcasters.com ; Jim Bower http://www.vancouvertop40radio.com and Brian Walks http://www3.telus.net/vanradiomuseum/home.html once again.

Thanks again! We'll have another one when there is no threat of snow, or cold .. :cheers:
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby Mike Cleaver » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:32 pm

Sorry I missed everyone today!
I can't blame the weather.
I was just about to leave the house when the phone rang.
A client in the US needed an instructional video track done ASAP.
Needless to say, with the current economic slowdown affecting everyone's business, I had to comply.
I'm sorry I missed JT, as we started together about the same time at CKOV in Kelowna in the very early sixties.
Also sorry I missed the bunch from 'WX and others who were there for the first time.
I hope you all had a good time and I promise to show up for the next one, hopefully held when there's no chance of weather keeping people away.
Mike Cleaver Broadcast Services
Engineering, News, Voice work and Consulting
Vancouver, BC, Canada

54 years experience at some of Canada's Premier Broadcasting Stations
Mike Cleaver
Advanced Member

Postby yee-haw » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:39 am

Hey Beaver! I missed it too. In Mexico drinking up the sunshine! Hope to see you at the next one :mrgreen:
yee-haw
Advanced Member

Postby Steve Sanderson » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:24 pm

Dan Sys wrote:Nice seeing everyone again. Sorry about bailing out early, felt a bit on the sick side. Might have been a blessing because as I look out the window here in Maple (F)ridge right now it's snowing like hell.

I would like to publicly announce that Sandclan is a really great guy. I tried to buy him that promised lunch and he wouldn't accept it. All it cost me was the price of a coffee. Maybe he'll win my next election prediction contest this upcoming May and I'll get off cheap again.

Dan ...Thanks for the offer of lunch and for buying my coffee...You my friend, are a great guy!
If I win the next election contest...Then I'll hold you to it!!
:D
Steve Sanderson
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:57 pm

We didn't quite make it through the day with no pics .. John Oliver just emailed me a few that he snapped as we were winding down ..

(L to R: Mike Popil, Gord lansdell, Russ Byth, Radiofan)

Radiofan & John Oliver (John took the pic)

Gerry O'Day & Peggy Stewart

Mike Popil

Jolly John Tanner

Thanks for the pics J.O.!
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby johnsykes » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:06 pm

Seeing that pic of Jolly John Tanner brought back a lot of memories. Many thanks/
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Postby yee-haw » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:17 pm

I wish I had the pleasure of meeting Jolly John Tanner, maybe I will some day, my Uncle says hes a good guy....but I too missed the Get Together....I was in the air over sunny Mexico/California/oregon. Next time. Just back from the bar, slow there, and it doesn't look like there's too much action on RW.ca? Well good night and thanks for the photos, next time hopefully I'll be in one, cuddling up to Kat! :cat2:
:occasion7:
yee-haw
Advanced Member

Previous

Return to Welcome to RadioWest.ca