Radio West.ca March GTG

Radio West.ca March GTG

Postby radiofan » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:06 pm

We Think Winter Is Done, and on the eve of Daylight Savings Time ...

How about a RadioWest.ca GTG?

Please join us on Saturday March 7th

Time: Noon til ???

We hope to see the usual gang plus a few new faces ...

Location: Marine Pub in Burnaby. Near the corner of Marine Drive and Gilley, just west of Byrne Road. Website.

If you need directions, ask here or email.

The location is Transit friendly. #100 "22nd Street Station" bus runs from the Airport/Marpole area east along Marine Drive. There is a stop almost at the door. From Skytrain get off at 22nd Street station and catch the #100 "Airport Station", there is a bus stop across the street from the pub.

If you plan to join us, please let us know...either by posting here or sending an email to: party@radiowest.ca .. just so we have a rough idea of how much space we will need.

Hope to see you on Saturday the 7th!
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Re: Radio West.ca March GTG

Postby Dan Sys » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:25 pm

I believe that I owe Sandclan a lunch & coffee for winning my election prediction contest this past October (and I bet you thought that I forgot about it). Well, the prize can be claimed next Saturday at the Marine Pub.
Dan Sys
Advanced Member

Postby Steve Sanderson » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:21 pm

I guess I'm going to have to come to collect that prize then!( You're right Dan...I did forget! )
:occasion8:
Steve Sanderson
Advanced Member

Edmonton in April

Postby jon » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:47 pm

Some of my fellow Prairie RadioWest members have asked about something a little closer to home than Vancouver for a Get Together.

Though not exclusively a RadioWest GTG, one option would be to join long-time Edmonton broadcasters at the Spring Luncheon of the Edmonton Broadcasters Club on Wednesday, April 22nd. If you are not a member, arrangements can be made for you to come as a Guest. Admission is very reasonable.

If you are interested, you can respond here, PM me, or send me a note at webmaster at edmontonbroadcastersclub dot com.
jon
Advanced Member

Postby another dog » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:00 pm

Hey RF,

I have heard of this, do they allow dogs?, maybe I could bring "another dog" with me. By that maybe the other dog in NW would like to attend.

You may remember, that he and the other dogs are hard to separate though.

But do count this dog in, and by the way, when you have a chance, call on the "hot line", and ask for Pat.
CKDJ RADIO P.D. ( 1967 ) for Metropolitan Burnaby
another dog
Advanced Member

Postby mightymouth » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:16 pm

another dog wrote:You may remember, that he and the other dogs are hard to separate though.

From what I remember about separating dogs when they are in such a position, is to throw a bucket of cold water on them :mrgreen: Is this what your getting at? (sorry mrs. p. but I couldn't resist?)
Don't count the days, make the days count.
mightymouth
Advanced Member

Postby Russ_Byth » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:39 pm

Gee, is it this coming Saturday all ready? Did I really just type Gee? I'll try and be there (no bells this time) and see if I can drag a few other neanderthals from the newsroom along! Though I'm told by some "Noon???? That early??? " :occasion5:
Russ_Byth
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:46 pm

Russ_Byth wrote:Gee, is it this coming Saturday all ready? Did I really just type Gee? I'll try and be there (no bells this time) and see if I can drag a few other neanderthals from the newsroom along! Though I'm told by some "Noon???? That early??? " :occasion5:

Russ - did you mean to say already? They don't have to be there at the stroke of noon .. Noon just seemed like a convenient time for those who wanted to eat a late breakfast or some lunch. 1 or 2 or anytime is fine. And last minute drive bys are welcome too .. as long as your name isn't Bacon! We'll be in our usual spot on the left of the main entrance.
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby Russ_Byth » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:51 pm

radiofan wrote:
Russ_Byth wrote:Gee, is it this coming Saturday all ready? Did I really just type Gee? I'll try and be there (no bells this time) and see if I can drag a few other neanderthals from the newsroom along! Though I'm told by some "Noon???? That early??? " :occasion5:

Russ - did you mean to say already?

Now I got it... you're Mike Cleaver!! ;)
Russ_Byth
Advanced Member

Postby kat » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:16 pm

This 'nother dog character speaks a language all of his own. I was holding back, but maybe the time has come for another cat and dog fight. I used to think the other mutt was at the bottom of the food chain, but this replacement one is a definate cellar dweller. I'll try to bite my tongue wherever possible. :sign3:

:cat2:
The world has two kinds of people. Cat people and idiots.
kat
Advanced Member

Postby Mike Cleaver » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:40 pm

No, Russ.
No one else would want that job.
You may henceforth refer to me as "your blinding magnificence."
Mike Cleaver Broadcast Services
Engineering, News, Voice work and Consulting
Vancouver, BC, Canada

54 years experience at some of Canada's Premier Broadcasting Stations
Mike Cleaver
Advanced Member

Postby johnsykes » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:44 pm

You will be deeply saddened to learn that one John Sykes will be unable to attend the GTG on Saturday. My grand-daughter is in the Provincial Figure Skating Championships on Saturday in Surrey, just as you all will probably be raising your first glass in my honour. Damn. Wish I could be there to see that feat! Seriously, family comes first, and I wouldn't miss this for the world. Hopefully, next time. Had it not been for the title, I'd have been there with bells on. Have a blast all of you.....and drive home safely afterward. I cherish your friendships!
johnsykes
Advanced Member

Postby radiofan » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:41 am

It looks like South Burnaby and New Westminster areas dodged the snowfall again this week. There's some bits and pieces of slush on the lawn, but other than that, the sun is shining and the wind is blowing.

Hope to see you around noon, or anytime this afternoon at the Marine Pub!

Many of the usual cast of characters will be there .. Russ Byth, Gord Lansdell, Jim Bower, Dan Sys & Linda (to name a few) ... Sandclan should be there to collect his free lunch from Dan Sys, Firedog makes his first appearance as will former CFUN Good Guy Jolly John Tanner (he's still a Good Guy).

If you're in the area, just drop by (reservations not required) .

South side of Marine Drive just west of Gilley (and Byrne Rd) in South Burnaby. 8-)
radiofan
Advanced Member

Postby Steve Sanderson » Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:05 pm

radiofan wrote:It looks like South Burnaby and New Westminster areas dodged the snowfall again this week. There's some bits and pieces of slush on the lawn, but other than that, the sun is shining and the wind is blowing.

Hope to see you around noon, or anytime this afternoon at the Marine Pub!

Many of the usual cast of characters will be there .. Russ Byth, Gord Lansdell, Jim Bower, Dan Sys & Linda (to name a few) ... Sandclan should be there to collect his free lunch from Dan Sys, Firedog makes his first appearance as will former CFUN Good Guy Jolly John Tanner (he's still a Good Guy).

If you're in the area, just drop by (reservations not required) .

South side of Marine Drive just west of Gilley (and Byrne Rd) in South Burnaby. 8-)

It was nice to put faces to some of the names and avatars of the RadioWest gang!
Thanks again radiofan!
8-)
Steve Sanderson
Advanced Member

Postby Dan Sys » Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:53 pm

Nice seeing everyone again. Sorry about bailing out early, felt a bit on the sick side. Might have been a blessing because as I look out the window here in Maple (F)ridge right now it's snowing like hell.

I would like to publicly announce that Sandclan is a really great guy. I tried to buy him that promised lunch and he wouldn't accept it. All it cost me was the price of a coffee. Maybe he'll win my next election prediction contest this upcoming May and I'll get off cheap again.
Dan Sys
Advanced Member

Next

Return to Welcome to RadioWest.ca