PSR Threads Poll

Should the (anti) PSR threads be deleted from RadioWest.ca?

Yes
65%
No
35%

Total votes : 43

Re: PSR Threads Poll

Postby Mediatype » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:05 am

Howaboutthat wrote:
Mediatype wrote:Is this poll locked down against multiple voting practices? A few years ago, it was discovered that the CFAX daily question poll was not secure and people may have been manipulating the results. Limit one vote per IP address, that way a certain manipulative type only gets one vote. I like the voting bit for other topics too.

Did you try voting twice before posting this question?

NO! That would be wrong... This poll probably works correctly, I'm just asking.
'Fair? You want me to be fair? Listen, fair is a place where you go to ride on rides, eat cotton candy and step in elephant poop.'
Mediatype
Advanced Member

Postby Jack Bennest » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:29 am

Fair? You want me to be fair? Listen, fair is a place where you go to ride on rides, eat cotton candy and step in elephant poop.

I think the message is clear but who I am? If jon can capture the thread and make it into a file and let it sit somewhere where we could access it - fine. But I would like it not to come back up as just another way of poking fun at another place "some people" can go and visit on the internet despite the content.

Our job is to provide great material, good dialogue and friendly banter. Put it in the freezer jon where it can be thawed out once in a while but not grow moldy on a weekly basis.
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby evol » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:31 am

I would strongly suggest you don't delete the thread. It lets others who have been banned know they are not alone, and this has happened many times before.

I like the suggestion of locking down the thread, but not removing.

It's the old "once you make one exception, what's stopping the exceptions from continuing".

PLEASE RADIOFAN, don't even slightly go the direction of that corrupt, poor-excuse-for-a-broadcast-board and delete a thread simply because it offended one or two people.
evol

Postby evol » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:32 am

PS How many Michael Easton / Jamie McDerment alias' are voting YES? Probably just about all the YES votes!
evol

Postby evol » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:50 am

Max Headroom wrote:Hate to bring you down, but I only have one account on this website (as I do on *other* websites) so I could only vote once.

A) Very little brings me down, especially coming from pathetic human beings. Get over yourself.
B) It's common knowledge about your many alias'. You're not fooling anybody.
evol

Postby mightymouth » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:04 pm

evol wrote:
Max Headroom wrote:Hate to bring you down, but I only have one account on this website (as I do on *other* websites) so I could only vote once.

A) Very little brings me down, especially coming from pathetic human beings. Get over yourself.

Oh boy, a good old fashioned dust-up :blackeye: :blackeye:
Don't count the days, make the days count.
mightymouth
Advanced Member

Postby pieinthesky » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:16 pm

I made a slight mistake in the poll question. I should have answered "yes," however my brain did not look at the poll correctly and made me answer No. :mousewalk > :sign6:
pieinthesky
Advanced Member

Postby mightymouth » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:54 pm

Max Headroom wrote:
evol wrote:

I'm pathetic? You're pathetic! You're hiding behind a username on a friggin' web forum trashing people. I dare some people to come forward with their real names while trashing others. But, I doubt you'll do that.

I take it you know each other :lol:
Don't count the days, make the days count.
mightymouth
Advanced Member

Postby glaherty » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:13 pm

Max Headroom wrote:
evol wrote:

I'm pathetic? You're pathetic! You're hiding behind a username on a friggin' web forum trashing people. I dare some people to come forward with their real names while trashing others. But, I doubt you'll do that.

So you are in fact, the real Max Headroom? I think I saw this on a Star Trek episode once, the Enterprise crew had to try and determine which was the real Captain Kirk. and which was the alias
or imposter. Led to some incredibly splendid acting by Shats.
glaherty
Advanced Member

Postby evol » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:10 pm

Max Headroom wrote:
evol wrote:

This is part of your problem as a moderator on PSR. In case you haven't noticed, most people who are active in the industry need the benefit of anonymity. This is what allows the real industry people here to post without losing their jobs.

You're pathetic because you remove people at your own discretion on forums simply for having a different opinion than you. You hide behind email while mouthing people off. You can't keep a broadcast job, even in Timbuktu... and frankly, BCIT's Evolution has better announcers than you.

If you think I'm pathetic for hiding behind a handle... well, I couldn't care any less.
evol

Postby Jack Bennest » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:25 pm

Hey its past 2:15

Has the board of directors 8-) counted all the votes and decided?

Hay guys I am on the edge of my chair.
:dontknow:
This is interfering with my afternoon socializing.
Jack Bennest
Advanced Member

Postby evol » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:36 pm

Max Headroom wrote:I've never removed a single person from PSR. If you have a problem with that, talk to Mike. I'll say it again: I've never removed anyone from PSR.
It sounds like you're making up stories to make me look bad. I'm sorry you've had to get that low to make yourself feel good. And I'm glad you've found better announcers than myself, because I never considered myself to be the best. There are reasons why I'm not working at this time, quite frankly, I'm happy to be out of the biz right now. Grow some balls, tell us who you are.

You're a liar Jamie! YOU removed me.

I'm sure with the credibility you have with the rest of the folks here, they'll definitely believe you :lol:
evol

Previous

Return to Welcome to RadioWest.ca